So Ready for Festivus

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

So Ready for Festivus

Post by Tammy Fox »

I know I am ready for the excitement and disappointment that festivus will bring.

I have 411 coming yearlings that I get to look forward to galloping when Festivus starts. I am thinking only I will have maybe if I am lucky 4 to 6 stakes gallopers out of the lot and I am not holding my breath for any freaks. Last sim year I had 8 stakes gallopers out of 318 yearlings. Most of my stakes gallopers were arabians with one standardbred and one TB.
My favorite was a $4000 stud fee spent on Antton out of a formidable Black Wave daughter. The filly galloped as a yearling stakes - late bloomer. I am hoping she is not a sad stakes and will be able to do well against others in the turf routes when she gets to race Year 65. Maybe, I will be surprised and she will develop into a Freak-Peak.

This year, we will see what surprises and disappointments Festivus holds for my breeding program. I am hoping to have several allowance gallopers that are late bloomers so maybe I might be able to get a few low end stakes wins before they retire. Going to have a fun time culling broodmares after this Festivus. Also, going to have a fun time culling any thing below productive. Since the majority that I have bred are arabian racers then I will have 2 sim years to see if they develop into decent allowance racers for low end allowances or low to mid-level claimers.

Bring on Festivus. :D
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Re: So Ready for Festivus

Post by Nicole Marie »

I've only had a yearling gallop freak once, and then he became stakes when we had the gallop adjustment. So I'm still seeking that thrill again, but mostly I'm just *curious*. I made a few decisions this year that I'm confident about and some that were made with the "this looks interesting, let's see what happens" mindset. So I'm looking forward to seeing how all that goes.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

MEOW I want Festivus NOW!!!!!!! My biggest crop ever so will more than likely be my worst crop ever. lol
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I suck at predictions and especially when it comes to my own horses but I will give it a go anyways

Appaloosas: Here I predict 0 stakes and 0 freaks but hope for at least 1 stakes or better
Arabians : also a prediction of 0 stakes and 0 freaks and hope for at least 1 stakes or better
Paints : yeah I sound like a broken record here and predict 0 freaks and 0 stakes and hope for at least 1 stakes or better
qh : yeah the same here and now im bored with writing the same over and over
Trotters and pacers: yeah I slotted these two together so that I can predict 1 stakes and 0 freaks and hope for at least 2 stakes or better
Thorughbreds : yeah here is the big one and I predict 2 stakes spread over mostly aws awm and tm and I hope for at least 4 stakes or better

so I predict a lot less than I hope and then I Hope that hope wins in the end though I predict that hope will lose and predict will win
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I'm happy if I get 1 or 2 stakes LB or progressive. These type of horses could have much upside. So it's exciting to see
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

My stable has been in a major slump for the past three Sim seasons. Wolfman Jack and Forever Knight, both who retired this year, were my last nicer horses I've had. I've had blue hen broodmares that foaled like 2 or 3 freaks, then in the past 3 years, they foaled solids, and productives, even though I sent them to nicer stallions where they got A hypoes.

I am hoping my new set of 2 year olds will break this slump, but most will not be racing until wk 10. : ( And the better horses I did have, have mostly been retired, or on the down hill side of their peak.

Crossing my fingers that my new set of yearlings will gallop out and I get a good number of quality horses to make up for this horrible slump my stable has been in recently.

I can also find hope in that the last time my stable went through such a slump, when it broke...it did so with me having Roughian, Foretold, Mal, and Malcontent.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Mark Castles
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Castles »

Having endured my first break looking forward to it LOL
& Y65
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Post by Stina Vica »

I am so ready
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Mark Castles wrote: 9 months ago Having endured my first break looking forward to it LOL
& Y65
Congrats Mark!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Mark Castles wrote: 9 months ago Having endured my first break looking forward to it LOL
& Y65
I use to feel the same way 'I endured' a break....but the longer I played, I now see breaks as what they should be ... getting in a little rest from game play.

But the great thing still, after all these years, I still am not 'enduring the racing season' :D

Hope you have a many seasons here too.
Best of luck with your stable.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Mark Castles
Two Year Old

Post by Mark Castles »

Stormy Peak wrote: 9 months ago
& Y65
I use to feel the same way 'I endured' a break....but the longer I played, I now see breaks as what they should be ... getting in a little rest from game play.

But the great thing still, after all these years, I still am not 'enduring the racing season' :D

Hope you have a many seasons here too.
Best of luck with your stable.

Stormy
Thanks Anthony and Stormy - I hope so too :D
Evelyne Cergerac
Two Year Old

Post by Evelyne Cergerac »

Very excited too about it, Y64 is the first year I completed so I got funds for nice stallions!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

The foals aren't even due yet for 12 hours.. Festivus is not even in the picture yet
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

They bite,they smell, they make a noise in the morning,but they are mine. :o
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Festivus is fun, but living in blissful ignorance and assuming all of my foals are Freaks, is more fun.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!