SIM Updates

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM Updates

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 9 months ago
Gavin Guile wrote: 9 months ago I’ll be curious if the people who kept requesting for a savings account will actually use it…
I'm not really seeing the benefit of a feature that penalizes you for withdrawing your own money.
You're not one of the people who regularly requested this feature so you're not the target audience.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I asked for it.. I’ll definitely use it .. … after this next lot of auctions lol…

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I personally don't see the benefit either. I just won't use it. It's whatever to me.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Gavin Guile wrote: 9 months ago I’ll be curious if the people who kept requesting for a savings account will actually use it…
I'm not really seeing the benefit of a feature that penalizes you for withdrawing your own money.
I say the only benefit is if you have a problem spending. And there is no shame in that.

Love how the the trophies show next to horses profile!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

In real life, CDs have a maturity date and there is a penalty for early withdrawal. There is no penalty if you keep the money in until the maturity date.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Admin wrote: 9 months ago
In real life, CDs have a maturity date and there is a penalty for early withdrawal. There is no penalty if you keep the money in until the maturity date.
Yeah, but in real life if CDs also pay you interest for keeping money in until the maturity date. That benefit is missing from the SIM implementation, so I'm wondering why would the penalty for accessing the money early remain?
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I think the idea is if it is just money you can pull out at anytime then how is it different from your normal money. The point of this is to have folks put it away to try and force themselves to build up some savings. Folks that already have a bunch of money will see no use in this but for those that compulsively spend in a way that is keeping them from building up any savings this is a new tool to try and prevent that

There is a very diverse group of folks playing the sim and we all play it very differently. So there are few things that everyone is going to say well gee wiz this is amazing. Some people wanted to see something like this and it was therefore instituted. No one is being forced to use it.

You don’t see me here talking about why do we have thoroughbred dirt routers I am never going to use them. To each their own.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 9 months ago I think the idea is if it is just money you can pull out at anytime then how is it different from your normal money.
Because it's out of sight, out of mind money in an entirely different account.

There's no real type of set timing for TBS sales or Steward and player auctions. Why put players in a position where if there's a sale that springs up which interests them that they'd need to pay a penalty to get their own money to spend on it?

I'm not arguing against savings accounts existing, I don't really care one way or another if they do. I'm opposed to the implementation which can directly penalize the very players who are trying to save money.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

maybe instead a slightly higher fee for a no set time or penalty? Why buy the account if your not going h to save…

Pay less for a penalty added like it is if one knows they can’t control themselves

Still.. I’ll give this a go.. but say what the TBS auctions are not the same time every year? Which is why I want to save for and was keen for a savings account

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

I'll definitely try it out, though the penalty to pull out money is steep. I'm one of the ones who has asked for this, though I was hoping it would just be an account where I can throw money and forget about it until something comes up and I need to pull funds out. My concern is that a sudden opportunity will present itself, and I'll be stuck debating on if I'm going to spend $10 irl to access my in game money or if I'll have to grit my teeth and pass. Things like horses I've had my eye on forever appearing in sales, a stallion suddenly on the pensioning list who I want to breed to, or a farm coming up on the market for cheap.

I would have preferred to just open a savings account for a one time fee, be able to name it, and have it as a long term savings for seasonal goals. Things like money for breeding or the Stew-bred sales. As it stands, with the 3,000 gamepoint fee to open an account, it makes no sense to have a short term goal, because I'm assuming once the account matures it goes away and I would have to pay for another. But if that is the case, then long term (like a SIM year or more) makes more sense for my gamepoints, but then I cannot access anything for that time which sets up for emergency situations.
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Agreed, but as steward noted I’m not the audience either…just curious if people who asked for it will do it…takes will power to not spend but the same time will power to put the money away in the savings account
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

The Admin wrote: 9 months ago
Danny Derby wrote: 9 months ago How much interest does money in a savings account earn?
0%
The savings account was requested multiple times as a way to store your money from yourself until a later date when needed. The SIM doesn't need a new way to create more money - SIMflation.
If you are worried about creating too much money in the SIM feel free to send it to me and I'll look after it for you :-)
Peter Quill
Sprinter

Post by Peter Quill »

The Steward wrote: 9 months ago
You're not one of the people who regularly requested this feature so you're not the target audience.
'Savings'. I am not familiar with this term, I'll have to google it.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I love all the updates and will be using the savings account even though I hadn't really wanted it despite knowing it was coming. I will be adding a small amount to it from any decent win with the aim to use it for breeding at the end of the year.
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Danny Derby wrote: 9 months ago Because it's out of sight, out of mind money in an entirely different account.

There's no real type of set timing for TBS sales or Steward and player auctions. Why put players in a position where if there's a sale that springs up which interests them that they'd need to pay a penalty to get their own money to spend on it?

I'm not arguing against savings accounts existing, I don't really care one way or another if they do. I'm opposed to the implementation which can directly penalize the very players who are trying to save money.
Agree with this 100%. I wasn't the loudest person asking for this, but I did want it and was thrilled when it was announced on the broadcast that we were getting it...but I'm not going to use it with the way it's set up.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes