Do we know whats going to happen to Son of a Paint

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Do we know whats going to happen to Son of a Paint

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

It looks like he's not in the dispersal auctions and he's currently "booked full" even after the year turned over.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Gen Ravenwood
Miler

Re: Do we know whats going to happen to Son of a Paint

Post by Gen Ravenwood »

I was curious too. Monkey Brew wasn't put in the auctions either, his book is open though. I know Son of a Paint wasn't available at the beginning of last year and once you set the next year's reserved bookings it will reserve that number every year unless you change it.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Was wondering that too as I didn't see him in the auctions.

I honestly wouldn't be against Em standing him, he's 14 so likely this'll be his final season at stud, pulls money out of the game if she stands him and it's just a simple solution for a top stallion at the end of their stud career. I know historically the big time studs from dispersals (The Visionary and Makers Mark come to mind) have been pensioned likely to avoid the headache of people fighting over them plus they're literally everywhere in everyone's pedigree cause every single mare has seen them at least once if they can which isn't great for diversity of the breed. Just look at Arab Routers even all these years later, still, The Visionary is EVERYWHERE. Either option (pensioning or Em standing him) I think is fair and fairly headache free for Em
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Yea I'm still kicking myself for not getting some mares into him before he filled up last year. I usually am on top of getting some mares to popular studs early but was just not on my A game this go around and assumed new slots would open without realizing Glenn was MIA. Oh well not like I don't already have a ton of his offspring.

Seems like a lot of big mixer dispersals of late, hopefully some new folks will come in and fill some voids.

Also kicking myself for completely missing that the Landon dispersal was happening though perhaps for the best given I have way more horses than I ideally want as is.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*