Thoughts on breeding colts/fillies

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Thoughts on breeding colts/fillies

Post by J.P Dogood »

Just another quick breeding thought. What are your opinions on colts/fillies from specific mares? I have a mare that has a freak and stakes colts but 2 claimers and a productive for daughters.

Is this random or do some mares do better with specific offspring
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Thoughts on breeding colts/fillies

Post by Cleo Patra »

Some mares have a super heavy bias. Metaphysical refused to throw good fillies, with her highest earning daughter bringing in a grand total of $58,090. But all 4 of her boys were millionaires.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I’ve seen this before with some of my mares, but apparently it’s the stallions that have a colt/filly bias usually, with some of them being able to produce well in both (e.g. Improvisational and Dave Matthews Band).
J.P Dogood
Derby Contender

Post by J.P Dogood »

Carole Hanson wrote: 9 months ago I’ve seen this before with some of my mares, but apparently it’s the stallions that have a colt/filly bias usually, with some of them being able to produce well in both (e.g. Improvisational and Dave Matthews Band).
This is interesting. It was DMB I got a freak colt and claimer filly from my top mare. I’ve noticed before certain stallions had better sons or daughters but I never thought much of it. Maybe if she leans colts it may be worth it to find a sure who also goes that way?