Who is art storm and why did we allow two of the best mixer studs of all time go to no one?

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Who is art storm and why did we allow two of the best mixer studs of all time go to no one?

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Three with Able Squire. What I hope is these three can find a place to stand at stud before being pensioned. That said, with the exception of Able Squire they have arguably done all they need to do in terms of influencing pedigrees. If Monkey Brew and Son of a Paint don’t have any more foals I think the paint and appy breeds will be okay.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Who is art storm and why did we allow two of the best mixer studs of all time go to no one?

Post by Andrew Chillin »

If they didn’t make it into auction because they were booked full, isn’t that a flaw in the game? Someone could have bought and opened more slots. That’s not an irreversible part of the game like infertility or barren or pensioned.
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Wow what the hell honestly, those horses should have been at auction and somehow managed in an account of a player that started 4 days ago? How convenient.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I had said this on the mixer forum when they weren't in the auction, I fully expected them to be pensioned as historically that has been the case with big time studs from dispersals (think The Visionary and Makers Mark for 2 examples off the top of my head). Em standing them I thought was a good alternative.

That being said, if these horses were to be sold, why the heck were they not at auction? Seems very incorrect they were not offered at auction like every other horse from Glenn's barn.

I also question that they ALL went to a 3 day old account, seems a bit suspicious.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Seems to me like these should be pulled from the 4 day old player and put into a new auction.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

This bothers me. I thought they were going to be pensioned since they are 14 and pretty much at the end of their stallion days. Really shady...

So someone just happens to join after it was obvious they weren't in the dispersal, just happens to know of these two amazing world class stallions: a needle in a haystack of AJ horses. I didn't even know how to play the game four days in.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

This is the same issue that happened with the bred mares from ALC's auction, someone was able to scoop them up for $5K from AJ when they went on sale in the middle of the night (at least in the middle of the night for me); however, that trainer has been here for 10+ sim years, not 4 days.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

It looks like the Art Storm account still exists and owns horses but the studs of note are back in AJ. I must admit it is highly suspicious that essentially the same day the dispersal auctions started popping up without theses horses an account was created that got these horses (particularly given we just had a discussion about how horses not in auctions go to the new players sale page on AJ) but it could also be that a player just happened to sign up then, saw some horses that made a bunch of money on the sales page (if someone sorted by earnings these would have popped to the top of the list) and picked them up, and then in perhaps one of the worst newbie error ever realized they were retired without realizing their tremendous stud value and just reGPd them.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Though actually it looks like all the horses they still own are pensioned so maybe there was some clear funnybusiness and the powers that be took all their useful horses away
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 9 months ago If they didn’t make it into auction because they were booked full, isn’t that a flaw in the game? Someone could have bought and opened more slots. That’s not an irreversible part of the game like infertility or barren or pensioned.
It would not surprise me if stallions 14 or older cannot be put in dispersal auctions as you risk them randomly being pensioned midauction. But Able Squire was only 13 so not sure what happened there.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 9 months ago
Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 9 months ago If they didn’t make it into auction because they were booked full, isn’t that a flaw in the game? Someone could have bought and opened more slots. That’s not an irreversible part of the game like infertility or barren or pensioned.
It would not surprise me if stallions 14 or older cannot be put in dispersal auctions as you risk them randomly being pensioned midauction. But Able Squire was only 13 so not sure what happened there.
It takes 3 days for Stallions to pension, so I'd think 14 year old stallions are perfectly fine going to auction because the new owner can extend them should they get hit. That being said, I'm also perfectly fine with pensioning them or Em automatically getting them as they are at the tail end of their stud career anyway.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

I picked up Holiday Haven in one of the auctions and he is 14
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I meant to pull these horses into the Steward account for standing before they went to AJ but didn't get to it in time. I don't know if Art Storm is a new player account (hi Art Storm!) or shady business account (no proof yet), but the horses ended up back in AJ today unrelated to anything. They're now in my barn which is convenient for me.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG