Rah Rah Rasputin

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Rah Rah Rasputin

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I had cautiously high hopes for this fellow when he first galloped, being a freak late bloomer after the harness adjustment where "freak" now has a greater chance to mean something. He worked nicely and I thought maybe he could win a stakes or two, maybe even scrape his way to 350k.

He has blown right past that marker and is now sitting at just over $1.1 million coming into his four year old season. The second half of this past year was a remarkable time, where he ran the fastest Emotonian in sim history BEFORE blooming (ending the undefeated Ernie Kovacs' streak), picked up nice checks in other races (Ernie got his revenge), won the American Trotting Derby, and rounded off the year with a Steward's Cup win in another speed duel against Ernie from the 11th post. He only peaked during midseason last year, so I'm excited to see how he fares as a mature horse.

Being a millionaire mixer is reason enough to be a favorite, but what makes him extra special is that his second dam, Hot Pick, was the first horse ever given to me by another simster, right when I started playing and expressed interest in trotters in the newbie forum. His pedigree is as "legacy" as it gets for my relatively young stable. He's also sired by Devon Trickster, the same sire as my other Steward's Cup winning trotter The Groke, so I've got a lot of affection for the sire line as well. I get the song stuck in my head far more often than is really reasonable, and always figured it would make a good horse name; I couldn't have picked a better yearling to carry it. (Listen here if you're unfamiliar and don't mind an earworm).

After a pretty rough week, it was a wonderful surprise to see him get a headshot. Major thanks to Em for deeming him worthy enough of one to make it an early gallops requirement, Brian for supplying it, and Sara for doing a beautiful job on it; he looks exactly as I've pictured him, and carrying his Steward's Cup number really is the cherry on top. And thank you to everyone who voted for him as Trotter HOTY! Hopefully he will live up to the honor in the coming season.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Re: Rah Rah Rasputin

Post by Hope Bentley »

Congratulations on his HOTY and last out big win! He’s such a lovely horse and live his new headshot

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

He’s super cool and I hope he continues to set the track on fire :)
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Seems he will - won the SC w16d2, turned around for a G1 win 1d3 :)
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

What a fab training job!
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

He is pretty cool!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Looks like Rah Rah misses his old pal Ernie. "What's the point in trying if you aren't facing down your rival?" he grumbled to me after a serious talk this morning. What a drama king. Perhaps the Steward's cup will reunite him with his frenemy and he'll find his spirit again.

He might also just be feeling threatened by his baby brother Overheat. Who knows. Everything is currently topsy turvy in the Hunt trotter barn, it's a confusing time.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Congratulations on your success Shannon. Hope he makes you a nice sire down the road. Best of luck in the SC.
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I 100% agree with Tom...great horse and arch nemesis to my stable...lol! Will he retire this season? If so I will save some back for him.

Kent
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Top Horse.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thank you, guys. I'm not sure yet if he will retire; I was planning to run him at five, but he's been faltering in his past couple of races, so I'm wondering if he's feeling done. I have a nagging worry that he'll hypo like a donkey and then I'll have wasted one or potentially more years of profitable racing by retiring early... but if he's run out of steam, no need to tarnish his record plodding through allowances either. I think I'll see how he performs in the SC and make up my mind after that.
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Beast season for beast horse!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

Congratulations! Sure likes the off going.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Congratulations … love him !

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats