Y65 TBS Gallop Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gain T
Sprinter

Y65 TBS Gallop Results

Post by Gain T »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1761507
Freak-Peak
TM/TR (Versatile)
Sound
Brave
No Preference for Weather
Shed/Longer: N/A
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Y65 TBS Gallop Results

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I purposely bid on people’s highest 2nd bid and I noticed several of them went to underbids. Idk if I like that trend
;p
Gain T
Sprinter

Post by Gain T »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 8 months ago I purposely bid on people’s highest 2nd bid and I noticed several of them went to underbids. Idk if I like that trend
Yeah, I am with you on this one. I am not too keen on the underbid system. Would prefer if people could only bid on one horse, hence I was excited when I saw only one high bid per person was allowed. But then I found out later it was just an error.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I had the underbid on the horse I was really hoping for - it was the lower bid ("second" bid) of the trainer who ultimately won the horse. I believe the system is random since the other horse had a $12M bid on it and ultimately went to an underbid of $9M. The horse I was hoping for went for $1 more than my bid - a miss of removing $3m more from the game (but I'm clearly biased here).
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The trick is to keep your underbid on both horses someone has maxbid on, since the one they win is randomly chosen. I don’t really buy stewardbreds anymore, but that is what I used to do.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Rochelle Bos wrote: 8 months ago The trick is to keep your underbid on both horses someone has maxbid on, since the one they win is randomly chosen. I don’t really buy stewardbreds anymore, but that is what I used to do.
Yeah, agreed, but I didn't have the money to do that, otherwise I would have just outbid for the $4M horse.

When you say you don't really buy stewardbreds anymore, is there a reason? Just curious. I see you were able to grab 7 stewardbreds from the Larson dispersals (2 that were unretired) and grab a nice pedigree stakes colt in last year's auction in Gaslighter
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I think many people don't bid on Stewardbreds because they are already have an established breeding program that is producing them stakes and freaks.
Most people hope to get a Stewardbred Freak but the chance of getting one is relatively slim and based on luck. Most of the Stewardbreds are now Stakes-Peak. Plus there are some who have paid millions of dollars just to get a productive or allowance peak. So I can see where the possibility of getting a productive allowance peak would make people a little more hesitant to bid.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I personally tend not to bid all that much anymore mostly because the pedigrees aren't quite as elusive these days. Usually it's daughters/grand-daughters of super mares that have foals in the auction, whereas it used to be the super mares themselves you'd see represented. Understandable why this has happened, The Steward was ready to disperse not all that long ago so she lost a bunch of valuable lines and building them back up now is proving difficult.

I've leased her multiple mares in the past, but the daughters of those mares tend to be just ok and produce that kind of way too. She realistically needs people to sell her champion mares/broodmares (such as the mare Worldenoughandtime). I'm sure if she was allowed to, Em would be all in on Exodus who is coming up for auction soon.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Tammy Fox wrote: 8 months ago Plus there are some who have paid millions of dollars just to get a productive or allowance peak. So I can see where the possibility of getting a productive allowance peak would make people a little more hesitant to bid.
I haven't really had money to bid on Stewardbreds, but I think it was Y62 or Y63 that a claimer colt was in the select auction and sold for 2 million, and honestly that alone has prevented me from bidding on anything even though nowadays I could probably afford to. I don't believe that has happened since, and I know there was a lot of talk about it in the forums at the time, but considering the kind of money that people have to pay for those horses that broke my trust in it. My own horses are giving me stakes with regularity and the occasional freak and for now that's good enough for me.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am from the old sim (one of probably a handfull left on the game). I started playing in 2002 and back then the Stewardbred horses would pretty much make what you paid for them back and then some. I miss the old steward lines from years gone by. I purchased Moved to Tears for a small sum of $42,000 or so and she ended up winning me 4 million and her full brother that I bred when I came back ended up winning even more and was pretty decent in the breeding shed for turf routers. I still have Moved To Tears, Tearstreaked and several of her half-siblings, daughters, sons, nieces, nephews in my cemetary. I love to go to the Hall of Fame and see her name in there and I love how she has her own turf routing race named after her (at least she use to, not sure if she still does, I do remember it was in Japan where she did most of her winning).
I miss the old sim but the current sim is awesome too. They are very different from each other and I am sure each had qualities that people liked that may not have existed back then or may not exist now.
I admit though as one who loves to play with Arabian routers, I sure wish we would get some new blood in either sires or mares to start creating new lines. The old lines are really overbred now and its hard to find a cross that doesn't have 2 or more crossings of the same horses in both the sire and dam. We totally need some new outcrosses.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Nicole Marie wrote: 8 months ago I think it was Y62 or Y63 that a claimer colt was in the select auction and sold for 2 million
I have a stable full of cats
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Durzo Blint wrote: 8 months ago
Rochelle Bos wrote: 8 months ago The trick is to keep your underbid on both horses someone has maxbid on, since the one they win is randomly chosen. I don’t really buy stewardbreds anymore, but that is what I used to do.
Yeah, agreed, but I didn't have the money to do that, otherwise I would have just outbid for the $4M horse.

When you say you don't really buy stewardbreds anymore, is there a reason? Just curious. I see you were able to grab 7 stewardbreds from the Larson dispersals (2 that were unretired) and grab a nice pedigree stakes colt in last year's auction in Gaslighter
When you have an underbid it doesn’t count towards your money used up for bids, unless you mean you didn’t have the balance to bid it up $1 then you’re hooped.

From Glenn’s auctions almost all the horses I bought I had a hand in training, breeding, naming, or what not. Emotional attachment on my part. One was an accident, thought he was a filly 🫣 I wanted a Written in Stars female descendant and was working when the auctions ended, but it is what it is.

On occasion I will put underbids in auctions when I’m feeling spendy/gambly. Gaslighter has a beautiful pedigree but he is a stakes DR and I doubt he will even make back 5% of his purchase price. I personally don’t think stewardbreds are a good way to spend S$ unless you have money you’re willing to throw out. I’d rather use my money leasing nice mares, researching the best studs, breeding my own foals, and insuring every foal.

If you search each generation stewardbreds rarely make over a million these days, and from what I’ve experienced they rarely produce nice foals. I currently own 46 Stewardbred mares (pensioned or retired), 10 have produced stakes winners, of all their foals 2 have earned over a million, 3 between a mil and 500k, 10 between 100k and 500k.

Stewardbreds are a money sink, unless you can afford to buy the fantastic sought after ones, or gamble and get incredibly lucky.

But again, that’s just my 2 cents
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I didn't buy a Stewie from the auctions this year, either. I am not against them, but my expectation is that I will get a stakes peak that gets stuck at the NW4 / $50k stakes level. Not a bad horse but I can breed that all day for less than what stewies sell for.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

I once spent 5+ million on a peak steward bred claimer. At that time, I was mad and immediately gelded / aj'ed it, so I don't recall the name of it.

I, like Tammy, remember the old days when the prices weren't insane. Simflation has really taken hold of the game in a big way in 10 real life years.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Randall Allen wrote: 8 months ago I once spent 5+ million on a peak steward bred claimer. At that time, I was mad and immediately gelded / aj'ed it, so I don't recall the name of it.

I, like Tammy, remember the old days when the prices weren't insane. Simflation has really taken hold of the game in a big way in 10 real life years.
This one https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1527114