race times

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

race times

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

I MUST SAY HELLO FIRST! Hello ,
i am not in any rush going forward with racing my massive stable 5 (enough at present). can you tell me please as i do play another game, that i wont mention :)
going forward could you please advise me on the issue of times are they in this game near to real race times or are they highly exagerated? thanks in advance for any support . kind regards Steve
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Re: race times

Post by John Smith »

Not sure if I understand - but they are in real time.

Can see the days on the homepage...Day1 Monday thru day 7 Sunday.

If you put your real time zones, the races will be displayed in your time, so in the US Some Thoroughbreds are at day 5 Friday so 1-5 and then the time would be 11PM eatern to 8PM pacific...

Maybe this helps

* get more horses - run them at Trial park - make some money while you can! Then get rid of all your DR after trial park and find another division ;)
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

Thank you John for your support. all 5 of my horses have fairly normal times in that case , 2 fairly good, but long way to go with training them.
my free horse that i got when starting yesterday is on its way to trial park, i made a novice mistake and had to scratch and she's on her way back to have her first race in around 4 days lol . anyway nice speaking to you.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

It's a lot and takes a while to get started - hand in there...biggest reminder I think is that they need 2 weeks at least between races (no activity)

make sure distance (usually can tell from mom) and surface are correct...then good luck!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

Thanks for your help i,ve read a lot and took your advice and bought 12 horses total, thats plenty for me just starting, i bought a lot of 2yo's from various breeders ( stables) in the game, some have good times should win racing with patience.
yeah my free horse was a turf horse by galileo, i know a lot about that boy anyway, turf horse, won on most goings; the others i cheched mummy and daddy etc for a good starting point a couple are unfit; needs training more; and i'm guessing some i bought i cant race until week number 8 ? state breds possibly; as i cannot enter them. i sent a question my first to the stewards on that subject. cheers again; successful racing to you.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

2yo Milers start W7 and routes start racing W10
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

Diane Townsend wrote: 8 months ago 2yo Milers start W7 and routes start racing W10
thank you also, very kind
Maisy Moo Stable
Sprinter

Post by Maisy Moo Stable »

I have some horses that raced at trial park last season there good to go and at peyto.?
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

Maisy Moo Stable wrote: 8 months ago I have some horses that raced at trial park last season there good to go and at peyto.?
Hello Maisey Moo Stable, very nice to meet you :)
if you dont want the horses; yes please :) Al beit when i go to horse races i,m struggling to find a link to enter them, at that track, is trial park again horse specific, after seven,eight weeks , as i noticed my free horse i can enter there ?
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

IN each horse's "card" you will see "find races for this horse" you can only enter horses two weeks from today. Also, if your horses are NOT named you can not enter the horse and should see "horse needs a name before it can be entered"

When you get to race screen, filter for "New Player" in the state bred racing field, it should show you all the races your horse can enter.

You can also go to search page and find the track (new players or trial park) it will show all the available races
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

Thanks John i eventually found it by entering 2 of the horses i was gifted, into races; i'll just have to check daily ; again much thanks your a great person for helping.
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Hi Stephen, to help answer your question first check out the top workout times. Go to the Manage tab at the top then select Workout Times, under the rankings heading. For real life, just check the times of some of your favorite races. With a little bit of work, you should be able to find an answer to your question.
Stephen Mcewan
Two Year Old

Post by Stephen Mcewan »

thanks Randall :)
i had a bit of a laugh i trained a jumper , and his time was faster than the great chaser Sprinter Sacre. i thought this cant be right ; so i thought to myself; i'll think 'just go with the flow' nice to meet you anyway , kind regards
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Hey Stephen, the sim computations have always had trouble with chasers. I can recall a time when almost every chaser ran a 100 speed figure. I wouldn't worry too much about the times, there is something here for people that like all types of horse racing.