Wow! Garret left!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Wow! Garret left!

Post by Andrew James »

The Steward wrote: 8 months ago
Ronnie Dee wrote: 8 months ago I saw him (or someone using his account) listed as logged in yesterday.
Recent Login : Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:31 am
That was me.

Garret and I had several conversations over the last few months. He said his real life is absolutely crazy and the SIM was the thing going. He was mainly playing for Exodus. I am sorry real life gobbled him up.
<3
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Very sad to see this happen. I've reached out a few times to check in with him, see if I could offer assistance in barn management, but I knew his RL has been super busy.
Calia Mendez
Miler

Post by Calia Mendez »

Very sorry to see him go. I've seen his name around a lot in every division I've dabbled in.

At the start of my second game year, his Arabian stallion Mighty Sandstorm was hit with the pension notice during preseason. I had plans to breed two of my mares to him, but I had no money just coming out of the break. I reached out to Garret to ask if there was any way to breed now and repay him later, and he very kindly offered to do so for free in exchange for the breeder earnings. The second of those foals would end up being Sha'ir, my very first SC (and Saudi Arabian Classic) winner. I'm still very grateful to him for that.

All the best to him.