Congrats to The Steward!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: Congrats to The Steward!

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

I don't think there is a must need to get money out of the game as more as it is the Steward would like money out of the game. Which is why she does what she does and also had ask for ideas from us

The best way to help the Steward is to keep griding so you as an individual force that money out of the game as you grow and get competitive, you force others to spend more to stay competitive
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think to say this large removal of money does affect everyone even if only indirectly .. Because that money that could have been used to price you out of breeding to studs , that makes prize money more meaningful with a poorer playing community matters and affects everyone who breeds horses and races them . I’ve seen sims that don’t check the money supply and what happens is prize money became mostly meaningless because people had too much money and all of it was spent on the better horses just to have them , and people could spend real money to others in the game totally diluting the value of breeding costs and prize money. The game isn’t a vacuum unless you are breeding just your own mares to your own studs exclusively because many actions not taken because the money isn’t there to do them ultimately affects your success, but even then others who couldn’t breed better horses to race against you affects you too
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Break drama is late this year.
;p
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

As the thread is more active than other's, I am here to ask for splits.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2126971
https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2126713
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I don’t see anything dramatic here, have fun evrabody!!!!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Congrats on the successful auction, Em.

And on another note...
This argument should have had it's own thread.
I feel bad for the person who started this Congratulations thread, as I doubt this was not what was intended for in this thread.
I also feel bad for the Steward in having a Small Pat on the Back, Ruined by all the bickering. Seems like that is almost always denied her.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Stormy Peak wrote: 8 months ago Congrats on the successful auction, Em.

And on another note...
I feel bad for the person who started this Congratulations thread, as I doubt this was not what was intended for in this thread.
I also feel bad for the Steward in having a Small Pat on the Back, Ruined by all the bickering. Seems like that is almost always denied her.

Stormy
100% agreed

Congrats on the successful auctions Em!!
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Stormy Peak wrote: 8 months ago Congrats on the successful auction, Em.

And on another note...

Stormy
This is very true, Stormy.
I created this thread to give Em a honest congratulation and a job well done.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

who's bickering? I think its fine and I am glad as most are that the auction had its intended consequence. People can question why this is done without it being seen as an argument, cant it? Many of these issues that have gone on over the last 20 years probably have been asked and answered many times, so its just a lot of back and forth with nothing of importance. Read it or not, but no one should see this as complaining or bickering. I saw nothing ruined. Because someone sees this as something that should be unnecessary there are 50 others who say congrats, so to give the "bickering" that kind of power to ruin anything is not accurate :)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Art K Stables wrote: 8 months ago who's bickering? I think its fine and I am glad as most are that the auction had its intended consequence. People can question why this is done without it being seen as an argument, cant it? Many of these issues that have gone on over the last 20 years probably have been asked and answered many times, so its just a lot of back and forth with nothing of importance. Read it or not, but no one should see this as complaining or bickering. I saw nothing ruined. Because someone sees this as something that should be unnecessary there are 50 others who say congrats, so to give the "bickering" that kind of power to ruin anything is not accurate :)
Amen to that! Some people would call foul if you said the ocean was salty. It was a discussion, largely about economics, and nothing to be wound up over.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Quitting is the only solution, end the suffering. I’m with Durzo. See you in 45 days. How much money would that take out of the game lol
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 8 months ago Quitting is the only solution, end the suffering. I’m with Durzo. See you in 45 days. How much money would that take out of the game lol

Burn Pete at the stake that’s my idea !
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Let's all quit :lol:
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

It's kind of appalling that this even needs to be explained to some here. This was to be a congratulations thread and that's what everybody should have been doing and not side tracking into debates/whining/or conversations about the pros and cons of the Sim ecomony.

I'm only saying what I have said because this thread already derailed long ago ago.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I think part of the problem with adding so many new studs, is that they are purchased by players who already have excess money, which just adds more money into their pockets.

When people breed to the newly created studs they are making the rich, richer. Which is actually reducing cash flow in the game when it is continually funnelled back into the same players pockets.

There is really no way to “catch up” money wise in the SIM. The closest possible method would be to get lucky and breed/buy a stud that people want to use. Then maybe one day you could have your pick of horses at auction or for lease/sale, you could afford to use the best studs without pause giving you the best chance at a nice foal.

Without money in the sim you are scraping by, hoping for your random slide. With money you have almost every opportunity you could dream of, no stress.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt