Congrats to The Steward!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Congrats to The Steward!

Post by Sara Julin »

The Steward just managed to pull out a whopping -$523,250,488 out of the game in total!
That is a insane number! But highly needed, I am sure.
(not included the GP sale, or the Glenn Larson & Garret Folsom dispersals).

Enjoy your new horses!
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Congrats to The Steward!

Post by Art K Stables »

Looks like I got Shaquille at a steal :shock:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Very cool auction!! Love how the RL horses are implemented
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I'm still not sure why pulling money out matters in this game. The high bankrolls just keep replenishing and it's not like the costs of shipping or boarding or breeding increase as a result of "simflation". What does it matter if the top 5 earners have $1B in sim$ or $2B? Maybe it impacts the exchange, but these players are usually purchasers of the exchange and the people like me who cannot purchase on the exchange put real money in? Maybe if they just have so much they start giving it away to the point that sim$ does not matter in the slightest, but I have yet to see something like that happen (if someone wants to experiment and want to give me a bunch of sim$, I would be willing).

The issue with real-life inflation is the cost of living goes up, we often hear the price of milk or bread goes up, but here, the costs of competing remain unchanged? I do not see the impact of pulling this money out to help keep costs level, they would stay the same regardless?

Maybe the issue is if the sim$ is so plentiful, no one will buy GPs to actually fund the game? But again, I very often see those high bankrolls mention they have not purchased GP since the exchange started. However, maybe I'm missing something.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

What one would need to reach "rich" status is a stud that is a really good one. Charge 100k or more times 200 to 300 babies a year.

Best place to look for that was Stewards last auction as some seem affordable
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Durzo Blint wrote: 8 months ago I'm still not sure why pulling money out matters in this game. The high bankrolls just keep replenishing and it's not like the costs of shipping or boarding or breeding increase as a result of "simflation". What does it matter if the top 5 earners have $1B in sim$ or $2B? Maybe it impacts the exchange, but these players are usually purchasers of the exchange and the people like me who cannot purchase on the exchange put real money in? Maybe if they just have so much they start giving it away to the point that sim$ does not matter in the slightest, but I have yet to see something like that happen (if someone wants to experiment and want to give me a bunch of sim$, I would be willing).

The issue with real-life inflation is the cost of living goes up, we often hear the price of milk or bread goes up, but here, the costs of competing remain unchanged? I do not see the impact of pulling this money out to help keep costs level, they would stay the same regardless?

Maybe the issue is if the sim$ is so plentiful, no one will buy GPs to actually fund the game? But again, I very often see those high bankrolls mention they have not purchased GP since the exchange started. However, maybe I'm missing something.
It's a "withdrawal." It funds the game 1st, but also allows for someone smaller, like myself, to do things like stack up on some GPs at least to keep going hopefully later when it balances out. but most likely I am just feasting on a smaller barn too...but that's capitalism - the best analogy I ever heard was there are 100 donuts on the table one player has 99 of them and we all play/fight for that one other donut.

In here at least its a "game." Unfortunately, in real life, we seem to insist on the same brutal way.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

I was wondering with that Steward auction with real life horses does it count as Steward breads towards your 2 max?
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Durzo Blint wrote: 8 months ago I'm still not sure why pulling money out matters in this game. The high bankrolls just keep replenishing and it's not like the costs of shipping or boarding or breeding increase as a result of "simflation". What does it matter if the top 5 earners have $1B in sim$ or $2B? Maybe it impacts the exchange, but these players are usually purchasers of the exchange and the people like me who cannot purchase on the exchange put real money in? Maybe if they just have so much they start giving it away to the point that sim$ does not matter in the slightest, but I have yet to see something like that happen (if someone wants to experiment and want to give me a bunch of sim$, I would be willing).

This x1000. I'll always maintain that the fundamental problem is that it's too cheap to maintain a stable of thousands of horses relative to how much those horses will bring in.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Danny Derby wrote: 8 months ago

This x1000. I'll always maintain that the fundamental problem is that it's too cheap to maintain a stable of thousands of horses relative to how much those horses will bring in.
so, realistically, we would expect new players to stick around with less relative success? Or they should "donate," more? I currently see 2 auto dispersals on the board...
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am really down. No SB, no RL horse. Nada.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

It is absolutely too cheap to run up the score and hold on to thousands of horses, which is essentially the code to a huge bankroll.

To Durzo’s point, the issue with simflation is that it prices more players out of big purchases. Newer players won’t remember, but it used to be an EVENT if a horse managed to sell for 8 figures. Now it happens multiple times every TBS auction. Whether you think that’s actually a problem is up to your own interpretation.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago I was wondering with that Steward auction with real life horses does it count as Steward breads towards your 2 max?
Anthony , stew counts only go towards active racing horses , not retired horses
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I'm poor and getting poorer. I play very little in the thoroughbred game. They are too inconsistent for my taste and everything is way overpriced because that's where the big dogs play and those purses are far too large they they will always have big bank accounts. But slashing mixer purses was a great idea, eh? And wouldn't you know, that's where I can afford to play. I have accepted my fate. Treading water.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Tim Matthews wrote: 8 months ago

It is absolutely too cheap to run up the score and hold on to thousands of horses, which is essentially the code to a huge bankroll.

To Durzo’s point, the issue with simflation is that it prices more players out of big purchases. Newer players won’t remember, but it used to be an EVENT if a horse managed to sell for 8 figures. Now it happens multiple times every TBS auction. Whether you think that’s actually a problem is up to your own interpretation.
I proposed a "luxury tax," in an article some time back - no takers!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Brad Fabman wrote: 8 months ago I'm poor and getting poorer. I play very little in the thoroughbred game. They are too inconsistent for my taste and everything is way overpriced because that's where the big dogs play and those purses are far too large they they will always have big bank accounts. But slashing mixer purses was a great idea, eh? And wouldn't you know, that's where I can afford to play. I have accepted my fate. Treading water.
I hear you. I had $3m to spend and was really hopeful to get something that would help me achieve some of my goals, but no dice. Every plan I come up with to try something new or try to take a different angle and grow my barn just gets blocked by those with unlimited funds, and then half the time they don't even want the horse or aren't really interested in that division or whatever, they just have too much to burn. So basically you can just tread water and stay in one place. Whatever.

This would be a grand time for someone to hit me up if I have a broodmare you are interested in leasing. Not sure how much breeding I will be doing this year.