Headshot Shoutout

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Headshot Shoutout

Post by The Steward »

I'm not going to out the person publicly unless they want to be outed, but someone (not the usual suspect) went and bought a few headshots of some Dirt Sprinters that are old school.

For example, Alacazam, who I've been trying to get a headshot for LITERAL YEARS, and Look I Am Scary.

But I'm posting because they also got one for Infinite Fury, who was just posted. Infinite Fury is an OG, winning G1s in SIM Year 5. He ended up having a VERY limited stud career which is too bad. But the reason I got all excited is because he is horse ID 16 IN THE WHOLE SIM. But because the first 10 spots in the database were for test horses, Sports Jersey - ID #11 - is the first horse in the database, which makes Infinite Fury the 6th. I LOVE this.

We aren't supposed to have headshots of the real horses technically, but we ended up doing the very original foundation horses to make them look better on pedigree pages, so if anyone ever wanted to get Brilliantly, who was a 1998 Baffert star IRL but an original turf mile foundation sire in the SIM, that would be cool.

THANKS TO THIS PERSON! Feel free to out yourself.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Headshot Shoutout

Post by Tim Matthews »

Very cool! Love that people still have fun with Old SIM history.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

They are all gorgeous but the one for Look I Am Scary is AMAZING!

So glad he got a headshot - Tons of pedigrees are going to have that perfect headshot in them now!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Pretty cool! Thanks!
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Dirt Sprinters are pretty cool ;) And I agree Gigi, Look I Am Scary came out amazing!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward