Open Answer to Durzo's questions on Sim Inflation (friendly, wall of text)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Open Answer to Durzo's questions on Sim Inflation (friendly, wall of text)

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

1) A new player said the T word. :o :lol:

2) We do sort of have a tax on "big barns" because of the money it costs to own farms and tracks, plus the fee to stand stallions. Granted, it is a low tax, but it is something.

3) Getting popcorn.....
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Top stud like Dave Mathews that charged 250k wouldn't be over 400k if there was a limit on how many horses one can stud out? I don't believe that at all
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Tim Matthews wrote: 8 months ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago Then said stud would be 400k per
Probably not
Top stud like Dave Mathews that charged 250k wouldn't be over 400k if there was a limit on how many horses one can stud out? I don't believe that at all
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago Then said stud would be 400k per
Probably not
Okay. Breed to a different one then?
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Actually, on second thought, it's basically unfathomable to think that stud owners would raise prices by almost 100% just because *each individual player* is limited to like 50 slots *per stud*. I'm not even committed to Danny's idea, I really don't care, I think it's fine, that's just such an interesting rebuttal!

Edit: Addionally, why would anyone make their stud private due to this rule change? Are you guys just being contrarian for no reason? Genuinely trying to understand.
Got bombed, got frozen
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 8 months ago

2) We do sort of have a tax on "big barns" because of the money it costs to own farms and tracks, plus the fee to stand stallions. Granted, it is a low tax, but it is something.

Perks are not taxes....just me just being contrarian again
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

LA Pepper wrote: 8 months ago
Kelly Haggerty wrote: 8 months ago

Perks are not taxes....just me just being contrarian again
You don't think the farm maintenance fee and the racetrack renewal fees are "taxes"? I get that having the farms and tracks is a perk, but the fees bit? Or the fee to stand a stallion? I mean, they are paid to "the government" so to speak. So are daily horse costs, but everyone pays those. I was thinking the other 3 were a bit of a progressive tax since you have to have a good bit of money to get going with farms and tracks and thus have reached "big" status, whatever that means.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

LA Pepper wrote: 8 months ago Perks are not taxes....just me just being contrarian again
It does appear so. Kelly just meant removing money from the economy. Still unclear why Danny’s idea would cause studs to be private.
Got bombed, got frozen
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago Top stud like Dave Mathews that charged 250k wouldn't be over 400k if there was a limit on how many horses one can stud out? I don't believe that at all
Dave Matthews Band had a"placeholder" stallion fee once at $500,000 for a short time in his last 72 hours. I do not believe anyone used him at $500k
I bumped his fee back down. If Dave Matthews Band era included my "opt in" player stallion limits suggestion, it would have been much easier to manage, so much less stress and dare I say, more equitable for everyone to stand him. And as good as he was no one would ever have used him at much more that $250k and if the rules made it easier to limit mass breeding there would be no reason to; "set the fee at 400k and forget it". And once again, it is important to note that I "gifted" (minimum fee $3500) an awful lot of Dave Matthews Band stallion slots as surprise gifts and to people who asked. <-> so one could say that I did my part in helping to control SIM inflation by not padding my SIM bank account with an obscene amount of SIM money.

Y64-W3-D1 Pensioned
Y64-W2-D7 Stud Fee set at $200,064
Y64-W2-D7 Stud Fee set at $500,064
Y64-W2-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y64-W2-D6 Stud Fee set at $200,064
Y64-W2-D6 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y64-W2-D6 Stud Fee set at $500,064
Y64-W2-D5 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y64-W2-D5 Will be pensioned in 72 hours.
Y64-W2-D4 Your horse was found to have declining fertility and will be pensioned in 72 hours.
Y63-Break Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y63-Break Stud Fee set at $200,064
Y63-W13-D1 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y63-W10-D5 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y63-W8-D2 Vet: 'Dave Matthews Band' is pretty timid. I'm not sure He has a truly winning spirit. We'll see.
Y63-W6-D6 Stud Fee set at $175,063
Y63-Preseason Stud Fee set at $175,062
Y63-Preseason Stud Fee set at $175,063
Y62-W16-D2 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y61-Break Stud Fee set at $250,062
Y60-Break Stud Fee set at $150,061
Y60-W12-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y60-W11-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y60-W9-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y60-Preseason Stud Fee set at $150,060
Y59-W15-D1 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y59-W8-D2 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y59-W7-D2 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y59-W1-D1 Stud Fee set at $150,059
Y58-W13-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y58-W7-D5 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y58-W7-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y58-W6-D6 Stud Fee set at $150,058
Y57-Break Stud Fee set at $200,058
Y57-W15-D7 Stud Fee set at $99,058
Y57-W15-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y56-Break Stud Fee set at $99,057
Y56-Break Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y56-W11-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y55-Break Stud Fee set at $95,056
Y55-Preseason Stud Fee set at $85,055
Y54-Break Stud Fee set at $75,055
Y54-Break Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y53-Break Stud Fee set at $75,054 *Note for all of my stallion fees I add the SIM year to the end of the fee as a bookkeeping addendum.
Y53-Break Retired
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Remember that time jon didn’t lock down dmb at the start of the season and everyone jumped on him. Pete spent like 10mil on dmb foals to start the season. Good times
;p
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 8 months ago Remember that time jon didn’t lock down dmb at the start of the season and everyone jumped on him. Pete spent like 10mil on dmb foals to start the season. Good times
Silly boy. Trix are for kids.
😎

Girls Gone Wild (KY) dkb.m.12 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $98,760 Dave Matthews Band See You Sometime Paramount
Sun Is Shining (KY) ch.m.12 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $104,000 Dave Matthews Band We Belong Awake You Are Not Alone
Choose Wisely (KY) b.g.11 TB Mr. Lord Rich $78,240 Dave Matthews Band Choice Was Ours Just Victory
Dare to Imagine (KY) b.h.11 TB Richard Diemand Mr. Lord Rich $357,000 Dave Matthews Band Dare to Be Great Father Ralph
Dmb Downtown (KY) dkb.m.9 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Downtown Lights Ready Freddie
Fortune Cookies (KY) b.m.9 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $37,450 Dave Matthews Band Dare to Be Great Father Ralph
Gypsy Tears (KY) dkb.g.9 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $278,150 Dave Matthews Band Gypsy Avenger Conquerer
Horse 60211387572 (KY) b.m.9 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band The Reason We Love Allonsy
Laura Charles (KY) ch.m.9 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $69,850 Dave Matthews Band Malarkey Tarasenko
Sho'nuff (KY) b.h.9 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $587,600 Dave Matthews Band Send Her My Love Allonsy
A Mystery Kiss (KY) bl.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $211,600 Dave Matthews Band A Mystery Date Man of Mystery
Cave Woman (KY) dkb.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Dame Sibyl Prince Louder
Clare Matthews (KY) gr.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Clare Potter Harry Potter
Horse 60227082617 (KY) ch.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Safest Girl Gryffindor
I'm Not That Bad (KY) dkb.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $23,250 Dave Matthews Band I'm the Bad Guy St. Nicholas Day
Love in An Elevator (KY) dkb.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Il Mio Amore Man of Mystery
Love Is Not Easy (KY) b.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $290,550 Dave Matthews Band Send Her My Love Allonsy
More Than Itself (KY) ch.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $26,480 Dave Matthews Band More Than Good Super
She's in the Band (KY) bl.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Dark Soundly Kiss Sudden Regret
The Best of Me (KY) bl.m.8 TB Mark Pavlak Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Good As Can Be Gryffindor
The Perfect Band (KY) b.m.8 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $23,700 Dave Matthews Band The Perfect Choice James Dean
Forever Dreaming (KY) b.m.6 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $218,500 Dave Matthews Band Forever Always Follow Your Fate
Guess Again (KY) b.m.6 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $25,680 Dave Matthews Band Keep Them Guessing Keep Your Promise
Just Kissed (KY) b.f.4 TB Karl Smythe Mr. Lord Rich $8,250 Dave Matthews Band Just Kiss Me James Dean
Unknown Matthews (KY) dkb.f.4 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $9,000 Dave Matthews Band Lady Parts Unknown Parts Unknown
63 Hope There's Time (KY) dkb.f.2 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Hope There's Time Allonsy
64 Baciami Ferocemente (KY) dkb.f.1 TB Mr. Lord Rich Mr. Lord Rich $0 Dave Matthews Band Baciami Ferocemente Allonsy
Back to Search Page
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I would just like to express my continued support for both some system to potentially limit the number of mares a single person could send to a stallion and some form of wealth tax.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

I know everyone hates the tax word. In my view, you have to look at the cash flows. The simplest and easiest way to achieve the stated goals of removing money from the game is to institute a "breeding service fee". The amount of cash flows that go from the poor to the rich and the rich to the rich is breeding. If you just take 10% (5%?) from the breeding amount as a fee - the player breeding the foal pays the same price, the person standing the stud receives 90%. I highly doubt people standing the studs will increase the price to pass that onto the person breeding, and if they do, perhaps it opens other options. Don't call it a tax or anything, the $50K to "stand your stud" is very minimal and a 10% fee just makes sense, it's not their money that's going into their account and later taken away, it just disappears like using the exchange. People have a much easier time parting with that money if they never have it to begin with.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago

Probably not
Okay. Breed to a different one then?
Oh I got the money

My point is this, if there is a limit and one charges more to make same money as before change, then is there really a change? The same money is being spent
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Jon Xett wrote: 8 months ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 8 months ago Top stud like Dave Mathews that charged 250k wouldn't be over 400k if there was a limit on how many horses one can stud out? I don't believe that at all
Dave Matthews Band had a"placeholder" stallion fee once at $500,000 for a short time in his last 72 hours. I do not believe anyone used him at $500k
I bumped his fee back down. If Dave Matthews Band era included my "opt in" player stallion limits suggestion, it would have been much easier to manage, so much less stress and dare I say, more equitable for everyone to stand him. And as good as he was no one would ever have used him at much more that $250k and if the rules made it easier to limit mass breeding there would be no reason to; "set the fee at 400k and forget it". And once again, it is important to note that I "gifted" (minimum fee $3500) an awful lot of Dave Matthews Band stallion slots as surprise gifts and to people who asked. <-> so one could say that I did my part in helping to control SIM inflation by not padding my SIM bank account with an obscene amount of SIM money.

Y64-W3-D1 Pensioned
Y64-W2-D7 Stud Fee set at $200,064
Y64-W2-D7 Stud Fee set at $500,064
Y64-W2-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y64-W2-D6 Stud Fee set at $200,064
Y64-W2-D6 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y64-W2-D6 Stud Fee set at $500,064
Y64-W2-D5 Will be pensioned in 72 hours.
Y64-W2-D4 Your horse was found to have declining fertility and will be pensioned in 72 hours.
Y63-Break Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y63-Break Stud Fee set at $200,064
Y63-W13-D1 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y63-W10-D5 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y63-W8-D2 Vet: 'Dave Matthews Band' is pretty timid. I'm not sure He has a truly winning spirit. We'll see.
Y63-W6-D6 Stud Fee set at $175,063
Y63-Preseason Stud Fee set at $175,062
Y63-Preseason Stud Fee set at $175,063
Y62-W16-D2 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y61-Break Stud Fee set at $250,062
Y60-Break Stud Fee set at $150,061
Y60-W12-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y60-W11-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y60-W9-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y60-Preseason Stud Fee set at $150,060
Y59-W15-D1 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y59-W8-D2 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y59-W7-D2 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y59-W1-D1 Stud Fee set at $150,059
Y58-W13-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y58-W7-D5 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y58-W7-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y58-W6-D6 Stud Fee set at $150,058
Y57-Break Stud Fee set at $200,058
Y57-W15-D7 Stud Fee set at $99,058
Y57-W15-D7 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y56-Break Stud Fee set at $99,057
Y56-Break Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y56-W11-D4 Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y55-Break Stud Fee set at $95,056
Y55-Preseason Stud Fee set at $85,055
Y54-Break Stud Fee set at $75,055
Y54-Break Increased Increase Foal Limit
Y53-Break Stud Fee set at $75,054 *Note for all of my stallion fees I add the SIM year to the end of the fee as a bookkeeping addendum.
Y53-Break Retired
So your saying I missed out on a free stud from DMB lol