Open Answer to Durzo's questions on Sim Inflation (friendly, wall of text)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Open Answer to Durzo's questions on Sim Inflation (friendly, wall of text)

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 7 months ago Remember that time jon didn’t lock down dmb at the start of the season and everyone jumped on him. Pete spent like 10mil on dmb foals to start the season. Good times
I have only ever bred 27 DMB foals in the entire career he was at stud. Wasn’t me man.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 7 months ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 7 months ago
Anthony Zappulla wrote: 7 months ago

Top stud like Dave Mathews that charged 250k wouldn't be over 400k if there was a limit on how many horses one can stud out? I don't believe that at all
Okay. Breed to a different one then?
Oh I got the money

My point is this, if there is a limit and one charges more to make same money as before change, then is there really a change? The same money is being spent
I'm not sure you understood Danny's proposal. It's not a cap on how many slots a stud has. It's a cap on how many times a single player can breed to that stud. With that in mind, it seems highly unlikely that top studs would see such a reduction in use that prices would be 160% of where they are at now.

Danny also laid out in his original post how this proposal could take money out of the game (fewer foals, fewer races). So even if every stud were at 400k, it wouldn't be relevant to the conversation of taking money out of the game, since stud fees do not take money out of the game at all (except Steward-owned studs).
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Oh I see I misunderstood
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Anthony Zappulla wrote: 7 months ago Oh I see I misunderstood
Brother it happens to the best of us.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’