ALMOST pulled off the greatest upset ever!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

ALMOST pulled off the greatest upset ever!

Post by Nathan Klein »

I lost the Grade 2 Pacific Coast Highway by a nose with a "stakes" horse who had never finished better then 5th in 4 maiden races by a combined 26.5 lengths and out of the blue he runs this performance. https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2126792 although I'll always be a little sour over losing by a nose GG Stephen Saratoga. So one of two things is gonna happen either this is the start of a legitimate stakes career. Or he's gonna go back to the shadows of disappointing me and as soon as I give up on him he pulls this again.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Re: ALMOST pulled off the greatest upset ever!

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Crazy!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I would like to nominate Nathan, for the SIM's very first I "ALMOST' won trophy.

A tough beat shall hereafter be known as a "Nathan" :P
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

Gwayne's World wrote: 8 months ago I would like to nominate Nathan, for the SIM's very first I "ALMOST' won trophy.

I’m oddly flattered I’ve had a few other tough beats but this takes the cake. Still I have a good feeling theirs a simplayer with way more soul crushing losses then this. For now let’s see when I have another “Nathan”
"Nathan you tweaking"
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Nathan Klein wrote: 8 months ago
Gwayne's World wrote: 8 months ago I would like to nominate Nathan, for the SIM's very first I "ALMOST' won trophy.

I’m oddly flattered I’ve had a few other tough beats but this takes the cake. Still I have a good feeling theirs a simplayer with way more soul crushing losses then this. For now let’s see when I have another “Nathan”
Fame comes in all shapes and sizes.

Thanks for being a good sport :)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’d tend to check his talent level, it seems probable that he recently jumped (even peaks can jump). However, a most excellent race! Congrats!