Chase stud question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Chase stud question

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Is there any player-bred chase stallion that hypos on par with the newer GP studs (e.g. Snap Decision) or the imported real-life studs? Or is looking at player-breds a waste of time in the current studbook landscape?
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Chase stud question

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Not since the pensioning of Reckless Soul, and I haven't had GP stallions match the new ones either. That said, I don't know how much is really in the hypo difference, so while I will dabble in the new horses for mares that are quality for both flat and chasing, I'll continue to use the player bred chaser studs for sure and my pure chaser mares. I'd hate to see sons of recently pensioned great sires like Reckless Soul, Kilcreggan, Under Starlight, fiftyshadesbrighter wither on the vine with the new RL horses on the scene.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm the same way as Gigi. I sent a handful to Kilmarnock, my stallion who is a son of Kilcreggan, and I had a solid as one of his yearlings, which is usually a good sign for a chaser. I'll use some of the new stallions, but I'm also going to use some of the younger chaser stallions who raced and have more of a SIM pedigree.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I was almost shocked to realize that I couldnt find any better available playerbred chaser stud than Pennart Strong and he pensioned last week.

I am the same way as Laura and Gigi.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Thank you for the input. I've mostly been using my own studs to get foals on the ground, and they're okay, but at some point I should start "breeding up" if my chaser program is going to improve... I like to support player-bred studs, but was unsure whether I'd just be shooting my own program in the foot by doing so if it turns out nothing out there is going to do any better than what I have in-house. I'll keep an eye on new crops.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

I really, really miss when I got drawn into chasing and one could breed to studs like Kilcreggan and Fiftyshadesbriter for $25 000. Now, without even taking price into account, there's precious few of the player-bred studs I want to use at all, and the new created 'real' horses are terribly expensive. I have no idea how I'm gonna breed my mares this year.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Suggest a price difference with chasers like we have for mixers
;p
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Maria Schreuder wrote: 8 months ago I really, really miss when I got drawn into chasing and one could breed to studs like Kilcreggan and Fiftyshadesbriter for $25 000. Now, without even taking price into account, there's precious few of the player-bred studs I want to use at all, and the new created 'real' horses are terribly expensive. I have no idea how I'm gonna breed my mares this year.
Maybe others are expensive, but Gunite is hypoing as good or better than any Chaser in the game, and he is only priced at $30,000. He is RL, but I did make him relatively cheap.
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Maria Schreuder
Derby Contender

Post by Maria Schreuder »

Randell Johnson wrote: 8 months ago
Maria Schreuder wrote: 8 months ago I really, really miss when I got drawn into chasing and one could breed to studs like Kilcreggan and Fiftyshadesbriter for $25 000. Now, without even taking price into account, there's precious few of the player-bred studs I want to use at all, and the new created 'real' horses are terribly expensive. I have no idea how I'm gonna breed my mares this year.
Maybe others are expensive, but Gunite is hypoing as good or better than any Chaser in the game, and he is only priced at $30,000. He is RL, but I did make him relatively cheap.
I'll definitely consider him for some of my better mares when breeding time comes.