Cannot Use Filters When Creating Auction

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Cannot Use Filters When Creating Auction

Post by Jo Ferris »

I'm working on putting together an auction and the filters aren't working like they used to. If I'm looking at all my horses I can use the filters, however when I sort by barn the filters are greyed out and cannot be used.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Cannot Use Filters When Creating Auction

Post by Cleo Patra »

I'm guessing this is because you have some SmartBarns? The two barn options are:
Managed (Manual) Barn (you manage the barn by adding and removing horses)
SmartBarn (you set filters, and horses that match your criteria will automatically be in this barn)

If you have a barn which is a SmartBarn, it greys the filters out because its selecting the horses in the barn from your whole population using the filters. Managed barns actually assign the horses to a specific barn, and so are sortable using filters.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I think Cleo is correct. SmartBarns have their own filters. You can't filter the filters. Non SmartBarns let you filter.
Please verify if there is a problem.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I do not have any smartbarns. I’m filtering to the standard barns (ie, trainings, breeding, racing) and that is when all the filters for gender, gallop, BA comment, ect… are greyed out and unable to use

Previously when adding horses to auction you could select the barn then filter further within that barn
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I am having an auction later in the year so I created one now to confirm this error. I set up a sale auction with proxy and unlimited bidding available. AuctionID=6257

I clicked through all of my available barns.
The All Horses* barn had filters completely available, along with all of my managed barns
The Racing Barn*, Training Barn* and Breeding Barn* had all filters completely greyed out, along with my other SmartBarns (example IDs 527 and 528)
The Leased Barn* (which you would not expect to ever actually use in an auction, obviously) gave an error which reads "DataTables warning: table id=horsedisplayleased - Requested unknown parameter 'Owner' for row 0, column 5. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4"

Hope this helps.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)