Training yearlings

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Training yearlings

Post by Diane Townsend »

I've seen four newish players this week asking why their horse was injured so thought I'd share this with everyone. The majority of injuries are happening because people are giving their yearlings timed works too soon or are over training their horses (Sometimes both). There are a couple of helpful articles on training yearlings without breaking them.

So a refresher: DO NOT give your yearlings a timed work before Week 5 Day 1
Do not make your horse do all the possible trainings every day!
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Re: Training yearlings

Post by Brandon Schultz »

You could also be me and know better and rush through scheduling trainings only to find out you Injured all of your dirt milers. Oops.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

^ This is an excellent post. I agree. As a new player, you don't have to keep doing exercises with your horses every day or worse multiple times a day. It doesn't make them better.

With yearlings, I only gallop once a week or so. Then beginning week 5, I only run one timed workout per week with a different piece of equipment each week, no additional exercise.

Also to add: During their racing career, it is not necessary to do any exercise in my opinion. Again, it does not make them any better and probably makes them run worse! Don't overtrain out of boredom.
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Post by Stina Vica »

this is something you learn over time when you are being advised... But very helpful to newer players
I have been with Sim since april 2022 and this time i also made a mistake and mixed up week 4 with week 5 ooops Yearling injured..
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪