Werk yer yearlings!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Werk yer yearlings!

Post by Art K Stables »

If you wish, there is no danger of injury as long as they are rested.. mine are not yet, probably do something on 5/3
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Werk yer yearlings!

Post by Cleo Patra »

Oh my... Cinema worked 0:57.49 for 5 furlongs turf. Wow. I might finally have a good horse again!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Cleo Patra wrote: 8 months ago Oh my... Cinema worked 0:57.49 for 5 furlongs turf. Wow. I might finally have a good horse again!
Very zoom! Congrats!

I was pretty pleased to see Do You Love Me working sub 57 for her first work, and to have some quick looking yearlings in several divisions. Makes me feel like I kind of know what I’m doing sometimes! Enjoying that while I can :D
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

Right? Tomorrow I'm sure things will change, but enjoying it while I can too!

That is a wicked fast colt you have there Cleo, congrats!
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 8 months ago Oh my... Cinema worked 0:57.49 for 5 furlongs turf. Wow. I might finally have a good horse again!
Well, Arima Kinen enjoyed her top spot for just over 24 hours :lol: and here I was thinking 57.62 is fast!
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Perfect Kiss https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1720768 was either first or second for a very brief period. Currently 11th which I am ecstatic about.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I've never had a DR yearling whose first 5f workout was sub-57 seconds, until this one.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1719827

She can only improve from here. I'm pleased!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

It seems like all my yearlings that are not Arabian routers have lame workout times. ALWAYS! Even my natural born freaks. I see so many faster times in the workout rankings. It can be depressing sometimes. And yes, equipment is finished.
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 8 months ago It seems like all my yearlings that are not Arabian routers have lame workout times. ALWAYS! Even my natural born freaks. I see so many faster times in the workout rankings. It can be depressing sometimes. And yes, equipment is finished.
Are they fit? I’ve found fitness is big in getting the quick workout times. Mine this year got 10 gallops before they were worked, and I’d assume that most of the others in the top 50 also had a good number of gallops as well before week 5.
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I worked all mine unfit. 3rd overall 5f all weather is ok I guess.
Cant be disappointed when you set them up for failure
;p
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

I’ve NEVER worked them to fitness before first timed works. I’ve timed worked them after they are fit and the workout times have never drastically changed for me, EVER. The workout times kinda give me a gauge of how good they really are. My Arabian routers are the most consistent and indicative by workout times. In that division anyways, freaks show in workout times. It doesn’t matter how I otherwise exercise them. I use the other exercises to get them race fit for the most part but honestly for my ‘lesser’ horses, I race them or barrier trial to full fitness. So what if they lose their first start.

Now, the other breeds and divisions I NEVER have top of the list workers EVER. For example, I have NEVER had a sub 46 four furlong turf time for ANY of my freak Turf milers even after full fitness. It seems to be the same handful of names who always have the fastest workers. This is why I don’t take gallop comments seriously in anything other than my Arabian routers.

My freaks in other divisions are pretty much garbage IMO.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Cleo, congrats on you top work for turf router : )

I'm also pretty happy with Roughian's colt, John Wick. He's a freak, a late bloomer, and has equipment set.
He worked 5 furlongs at 58 flat.

And if using Top Horses / Males, he's listed in the top 10 at the 7th spot.
However there are a few ahead of him with tied work times.
So in that regard, he's in 5th spot and tied with Shotgun, owned by Stina Vica

Roughian had slow works, her first one was 0:59:26 :P (not the right equipment, but still....)
As a 2 year old, with the correct equipment she still was only working around 0:58:40 slow, for even back then.
As an older mare, she finally had 2 works where she did 5f turf under 58 seconds.
In Year 56, she worked 0:57:91
In Year 57, she worked 0:57:71

So, with John Wick's first work at 0:58 -- I hope he will do better on the track than what his works indicate.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

The Moment I Knew
4f-tt in 0:45.86.
2nd for the year so far.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I gallop my yearlings 1-2 times per week for the first 8 weeks, then start works - if they're going to reveal equipment - they've generally done it by then, and saves me money in only needing to get a second piece.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 8 months ago Image
The Moment I Knew
4f-tt in 0:45.86.
2nd for the year so far.
Nice head shot! I’ll be sure to avoid racing against her with my slow working ‘supposed’ freak. Gotta run them in races that they can earn a check. 😉