A 3YO Filly Conundrum

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

A 3YO Filly Conundrum

Post by Danny Derby »

I've got a really good problem this year. My roster of 3YO fillies have been tearing it up on track so far, but it's led to an issue - I can only enter two in the Oaks. I've settled on one for sure to run in the Oaks (Meowth), which leaves me with the following three of which only one more can enter. The two that I don't run in the Oaks will take a shot in the Derby.

My question - which filly below most belongs in the Oaks, and which in the Derby?

Sage of Time - Unbeaten so far although against weaker company. 1/2 sister to Kryptonite and I think she's still got room to imrpove.

Dreams Come True - Daughter of Into The Unknown has been posting some giant speed figures as of late that would put her right there. Distance questions from the dam, but may be mitigated from the sire.

Bewitching - A few frustrating runner up finishes aside, I think she'll relish the extra distance as a full sister to Henry. Derby would have been a slam dunk, but more losses than wins gives me pause.

Any thoughts?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: A 3YO Filly Conundrum

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Yes
;p
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I vote Sage of Time in the Oaks.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Post by Stina Vica »

Dreams Come True ..
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Bewitching
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Imo you should run Bewitching in the Derby, since there is speed on speed on speed in that race, and she would be a beneficiary. Is she in the same class as some of these? I don't think so. But is it worth it to take a shot? Abso-freaking-lutely.

Dreams Come True might burn out on the front end with some of the others, but she is easily the best of the three you listed, and she deserves a shot at the big one. Hell, I'd run her in Baltimore, too.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Run them all. Lease them to other people.

PS I chose chaos this morning. I blame lack of sleep.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Napoleon is the top active sire for derby winners
;p