A+ Nicks in The DR Division

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

A+ Nicks in The DR Division

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I know nicks aren’t everything, but I’m curious to know if a mare who nicks A+ to 18 studs is considered an anomaly, or if that’s becoming the average experience with recently retired mares since there’s so many nice studs right now.

I have a handful of mares in my barn who can get A+ grades, but it’s usually only with the top one or two nicking stallions in the division (VOF, for example). But, I have a newly retired filly who has so far managed to get 18 A+ grades. Even Quinny, who is an A or A- to my other mares, is an A+ with this mare.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: A+ Nicks in The DR Division

Post by Nini Panini »

I believe it is becoming more normal with certain mares who might have a very high breeding number. I can name several who hypo just like that. Worth noting some are extremely awesome and don't miss, some produce offspring who couldn't outrun *me*. The best mare in my barn does not hypo like this, and I'd take her over a mare who hypos A+ to every stallion in the division.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I have Spicy who I ended up checking mass check with. She’s got over 160 A+ crosses. She’s the only one I’ve got or seen though.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Cleo Patra wrote: 7 months ago I have Spicy who I ended up checking mass check with. She’s got over 160 A+ crosses. She’s the only one I’ve got or seen though.
She might be a harness horse with that many A+ crosses.

Time to nerf DR studs.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I got curious and I decided to mass hypo my mare, and she has 130 A+ nicks.
Spicy sounds like she’s in a league all her own, can’t wait to see what she does for you, Cleo!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Five years ago if I saw a single A+ hypo I'd flip out. Now I'm seeing many on the top mares I retire. Doesn't mean the mares aren't nice, just far from unique anymore.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Danny Derby wrote: 7 months ago Five years ago if I saw a single A+ hypo I'd flip out. Now I'm seeing many on the top mares I retire. Doesn't mean the mares aren't nice, just far from unique anymore.
I've still never seen one...I'd flip out!
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

John Smith wrote: 7 months ago
Danny Derby wrote: 7 months ago Five years ago if I saw a single A+ hypo I'd flip out. Now I'm seeing many on the top mares I retire. Doesn't mean the mares aren't nice, just far from unique anymore.
This made me laugh out loud!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

The Steward wrote: 7 months ago
John Smith wrote: 7 months ago
This made me laugh out loud!
I did flip out! My first A+ hypo (and only one in the DR) happened 2 seasons ago. And I have been playing since 2008.
So if I see just a single A+ hypo, I flip out!
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

I think I have mass hypo-mated 1 of my mares. No A+ hypos.

Two SIM years ago, I got my first A+ hypo and I flipped out.

My 3 year old A+ hypo-mated colt's race record as of Year 65, Week is 6: 0-3-1; so I have flipped back in.

The hypo-mate rating is the carrot, however -> 11,001 other SIM variables is the reality. That is the beauty of SIMHorseRacing.

The Steward: Love horse racing.

No guarantee quotes that I like:

Elton John: I think that to a very great extent we are partners with the divine in this enterprise called history. That is an ongoing relationship, and there is absolutely no guarantee that things will automatically work out to our best advantage.

Chaim Potok There's no guarantee of winning, even if you are the best players and the best team.

Kevin Hart : Success isn't supposed to happen, no matter how hard you work. There's no guarantee you're going to succeed. There's nothing set in stone.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I was recently excited by a formidable who hypo'd an "A" , A+ is few and far between for me
I'm just here for the fun of it
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

A+ TB nicks are still few and far between for me. Browncoat's half sister is the only one I currently have with multiple A+ hypos.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Only A+ I’ve seen is in the TR division hah!

Yet to get myself an A+ DR mare