I might have missed another memo

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

I might have missed another memo

Post by Stormy Peak »

:P

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if so, as the title reads...

Does the vet check comments or perhaps another way to word this, does the horse recover in increments or in a full 24 hour turn of the clock - before getting step forward in recovery or vet comments.

I vetted a horse early this morning - got a report like: Legs look ok, this horse should be fine tomorrow...

So, with each hour of the day, will this horse be improving from hour to hour?
And if 6 hours later I vet...is is possible to get a 'good to go'

Or will it nothing happens for a full 24 hours starting at the point where a horse ran a race, worked, or exercised - then 'click' the 24 hour mark happens and the horse experiences a full recover step at that point.

I was thinking it was incremental, given soundness... from very unsound to very sound. If each horse had to wait the full 24 hours, how does a sound horse recover faster than an unsound one. Unless when that 24 hour point clicks the sound horse at that point gets a bigger dose of recovery points...or however the computer works.

I've just not really paid too much attention to it before.
I usually only vet my nicer horses, as I'm usually pretty good about giving them enough rest that I don't need to vet.

I know I could spend 5 to 10 thousand and experiment, but was hoping to save the money and time by seeing if anyone else has already looked into this. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: I might have missed another memo

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Em once said there is a script called something like "every 15 minutes" that updates 4x per hour, incrementally. I got that answer when I accused Doc of being drunk. viewtopic.php?p=424498&hilit=Hacklu#p424498

Edit, I guess it is half-hour, not quarter-hour, now that I re-read.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: I might have missed another memo

Post by Stormy Peak »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 7 months ago Em once said there is a script called something like "every 15 minutes" that updates 4x per hour, incrementally. I got that answer when I accused Doc of being drunk. viewtopic.php?p=424498&hilit=Hacklu#p424498

Edit, I guess it is half-hour, not quarter-hour, now that I re-read.
Thanks for the information : )

And I see I even commented in that thread. I think my brain is getting smoother as I age. :oops:
I don't even recall that thread even as I re-read it.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000