Horse Fitness

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Horse Fitness

Post by Jason Maly »

I have been having some issues with some older horses reaching full fit fitness levels. It has been two or 3 weeks between races. Might jog them or do some exercise but still does not reach full fitness. What is going on?
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Horse Fitness

Post by Stormy Peak »

Could you link to a few of the horses?

I've bought horses that didn't race for like a year, and with about 1 work+1gallop session each week for 2 weeks, I can usually get them fit to race in the 3rd week after purchase.

It could be if you are racing a horse say in Week 1 but then waiting until week 4 to race again, that might be too long for that horse to rest and they go 'flat' Most horses can race every other week, for three to four races...then need maybe an extra week off.

I usually only test my better horses for soundness, there have been a few times when I didn't know I had a very unsound productive type, and it got injured for not given enough rest between races. But I've found that even 4 races in a row, every other week...has been safe enough and kept the horses fit.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000