Dropping by to say Hi

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dr. Mac
Two Year Old

Dropping by to say Hi

Post by Dr. Mac »

Hello all,

I'm a new/old player to the Sim, I had an account many years ago and it has changed a fair bit since the halcyon days of my youth. Any tips, "things to be aware of", would be greatly appreciated. As i'm UK based, there is a struggle to get on the chat room at any time when it is busy, but i'm looking forward to rejoining the community and hopefully seeing some old faces on the way!
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Dropping by to say Hi

Post by Gwen Morse »

Welcome back to the sim. We have several UK players.

- Trial Park is the place to start racing. You can race dirt and turf thoroughbreds there.
- People may send you little gifts of horses or sim $. They will help you get a good start. Lease horses are usually better quality than gift horses and both can have a place in your stable.
- Don't worry if you don't remember much. It will come back to you eventually.
- Try not to get too big too fast. Pace yourself. The quickest way to burn out is to have more horses than you can manage. However, the open "secret to success" as a newbie is to race as many horses as you can at Trial Park.

Be communicative. Post on the forums, chat in chat, and write Racing News articles. Ask questions and share your early experiences. The community is very friendly and supportive.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Dr. Mac
Two Year Old

Re: Dropping by to say Hi

Post by Dr. Mac »

Thank you, and regards for the couple of freebies :)
It’s hard to take it slow after the devious experience, but I remember board fee’s can mount up quickly!
I hope to get simperior at some point to help manage, but I need to ensure I can continue to stick at the game whilst studying. The tips are very helpful, and I’m determined to keep my barn small, yet productive! (In my dreams, haha)