It was almost a disaster

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

It was almost a disaster

Post by The Steward »

I happened to be working on the content calendar for the SIM, and remembered I wanted to add in the Most American Futurity/Derby calls. But when I went to look at my personal calendar, I saw a glaring omission - Week 11 didn't exist. It went 8, 9, 10, 12, 13.... meaning that the year was going to turn over and foals would be due before the Week 16 Friday card even happened.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BAD. I'M GLAD I NOTICED NOW.

The domino effect is annoying, as Year 66 now starts when foals were due... I have to move a lot of things. BUT I'M STILL GLAD I NOTICED.

Foals are now due Nov 24.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: It was almost a disaster

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Clear on the Black Friday foals, and "thankful" that you noticed
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Interesting thing on that, I did notice that about 2 weeks ago, because I have some pending stuff involving breeding and stallions and I wanted to see around what date such moves would be made and noticed the conflict, however I thought not much of it because I just thought the calendar listed was informative, not tied into the actual mechanics of the game and it would be corrected if needed as something that needed to be done cosmetically, but I see now it had far more import. Lesson learned, if I see something within the game info that doesn't jibe, I will certainly report it.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I think I only check the calendar to see when the next GP and a half day is. Maybe I will look closer from here on.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯