Bidding Issue

Having difficulties? Ask here.
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Bidding Issue

Post by Jason Maly »

I click bid on a certain horse in auction. Type the max and click submit. It acts like it does not take the bid. I have the money. I have cleared the cache. Tried it on chrome and safari. I can bid on other horse’s in the auction.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Bidding Issue

Post by The Admin »

Here is a likely scenario.
Let's pretend that an auction has just opened and Player A bids $10 on the horse, with a maximum of $1000.
Then you (Player B) bid on that same horse for $20 with a maximum of $100. For a brief moment, you have the high bid, but proxy bidding kicks in for Player A. Behind the scenes, Player A bids $21, you bid $22, Player A bids $23 and so on until the bid is $101. It stops there because your max of $100 has been surpassed. Player A now has the high bid at $101. If you make a new bid of $150 with a max of $500, the whole process will begin again and Player A will end up with the high bid at $501. This is because the bid still hasn't passed Player A's max bid of $1000.

So to your specific question, your bid is accepted, it affects the high bid, but you do not become the high bidder.

If the problem is different than described above, I'd need a specific auction, horse, and bid amounts to research it.
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Post by Jason Maly »

If my bid was accepted why does it not show up under my bids?
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Post by Jason Maly »

Auction is Zach Wentzel. The horse is Stylish Pharoah.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/auctionbid.php
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I can confirm that your bid on Stylish Pharoah wasn't recorded. I must say I can't figure out how that could happen without some sort of message to you. I expect that you could submit a bid now and it would work. I have added some diagnostics which will help in the future if this happens again.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Post by Jason Maly »

I just did it again and it did not accept it. Just re drew the screen. I do not see an error
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The error message you should have seen is: Bid not accepted: You have already bought the maximum number of Steward Breds for this year.

i will research why you didn't see it.
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Post by Jason Maly »

What is the other steward bred that I purchased?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Destrucity, Munsick
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

I found the reason the error wasn't displaying. I have fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.
Jason Maly
Sprinter

Post by Jason Maly »

Thank you