Need Advice on Scheduling Races Out for Colt to Compete in the Arabian Derby

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Need Advice on Scheduling Races Out for Colt to Compete in the Arabian Derby

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am aiming my colt Valentyn for the Arabian Derby in Week 16. However, he is currently scheduled to run in on Day 6 instead of Day 3 unless I either flip him to Day 3 around Week 10 or I give him not quite 4 weeks off between Week 12 and Week 16. I don't want to short cycle him and send him back out to race with less than two weeks off.
I know I have seen others who took 4 weeks off but walked the shed every other day, swam on Sundays during that time off and trained with a stable pony that went on to do well in that race and I have seen others do the same thing that did not do well.
Right Now I am giving him a break between Week 7 when he last ran and Week 10. He is a horse that is suppose to be able to run 7 to 9 races a sim year according to his gallop comments.
I had thought of racing him week 10 Day 6 and Week 12 Day 6 but as I said that leaves me with him taking four weeks off and I am not comfortable with that.
I could swap him and create stakes races for him Week 10 Day 3 and Week 12 Day 3 plus race him Week 14 Day 3 and then the final race of Week 16 Day 3. That would put him out I believe 8 races for the sim year which if his gallop comments are correct he should be able to handle with being excessively tired and then give him 3 weeks off between Week 16 and his next race as a 4yo.
Here is my colt for reference:
Valentyn