Sim has a Cruel Sense of Humor

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Sim has a Cruel Sense of Humor

Post by Tammy Fox »

So I petted my top horse yesterday and his response was will you still love or keep me when I don't win. Ironically he raced the same day and had his winning streak broken and came in a disappointing second.
Although I admit I am more mad at myself than him, I was trying to adjust his schedule so he lined up for the big Arabian race for 3yo's in Week 16 Day 3 and I don't think he liked that he didn't race every 2 weeks like he normally does. Plus during his rest I swam him once and walked the shed row to try and keep him fit.
Although now it has me second guessing if he is as good as I thought he was, second guessing my handling of his racing schedule. I am going to try and push ahead with continuing the campaign to that big race but I figure with this loss he will probably end up in the seconditis group since his confidence has probably been hit hard since he had won 4 straight races in a row with three being stakes races and then lost. Just hoping he can make it to 350K so I can at least use him as a breeding sire for my group of mares when he retires.
This is why I hate having a horse like him that wins like he was doing, puts so much stress on me as his trainer to do everything correctly, I would rather run allowance and stakes horses or claimers since I know they are only average or suck so I am not expecting much from them.
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Re: Sim has a Cruel Sense of Humor

Post by Hope Bentley »

Link of him? Don’t be so hard on yourself too ! And I wouldn’t be expecting his confidence to be just gone after a second. Post him I’d like to check him out :)

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Honestly I think you're doing a great job with him, he ran a 97 SF which is always respectable and any horse can have an unlucky day. He looks fabulous as is. Wouldn't be surprised if Parmigiana improved mid-season too, though only Polk could confirm or deny that. Now that his winning streak is broken, the pressure is off, he's still going to win more races in the future but he won't be stressing you out so much every time you race him.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I am just more mad at myself. He is a Freak-Peak and I checked him using game points on Week 9 Day 1 to see if he had dropped off and he was still a Freak-Peak.
I just feel its my fault because I changed his schedule up and then made the mistake of perhaps either not working him enough, working him to close to the race, or working him to much during the break. Although I only swam him once and maybe walked the shedrow I think twice. So I feel like it was me who screwed his streak up by not just sticking with his prior every 2 week schedule then figuring something out for Week 14 to change him from Day 6 to Day 3 for the big Week 16 race.
I just want him to hit 350K since he has the Breeding Shed comment plus I am thinking he has speed plus endurance although I don't know if he will win at 2 miles although he could surprise me and do well at all three distances(even though versatility doesn't matter any Arabians, he was shown to be versatile at 3 when I checked him which is what gave me the idea he might have speed plus endurance so a speedy route horse.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Congrats on winning the Arabian Derby with him. FWIW, I’m the reason there is an Arabian Derby and Oaks. Quite proud of this actually. 😁 Quite a few years ago, I suggested an end of the year G1 for 3 yo male and female Arabian routers. There just wasn’t enough graded stakes for 3 yo Arabians IMO.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Thank you for the congrats and encouraging them to add a 3yo graded route race at the end of the year. I wish they would add more graded 3yo arabian sprints and routes to the race schedule as I still feel like there are way too many listed stakes and not enough graded stakes for 3yos colts and fillies.
He surprised me and came back to win at 2 miles which I wasn't sure if he had it in him and when he ran a 100 in that race, I was worried how bad he would bounce for the Arabian Derby. He did drop a little but I expected it and it looks like there were others that also dropped a little and then there were some who found their stride in that race.
Now that he has enough earnings to go into the breeder's shed, I am just going to enjoy racing him while he is still running at his best. Hoping to send him to Saudi Arabia next sim year for that big race provided he doesn't decline in his racing ability. I doubt he will beat that amazing 5yo mare soon to be 6yo in that race but we would happily take a second or third to that amazing mare.
Now the fun begins to plan his 4yo season which will be a lot harder than his 3yo season.