Remember to vaccinate your horses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Remember to vaccinate your horses

Post by Shannon Hunt »

It's seconditis season and once it gets into your barn, good luck getting it out. Symptoms include finishing second, being unable to finish first, throwing what should be a given win, and general lethargy ten feet before the wire. It can even cross from sim horses to humans, where it is identified by the presence of headaches, irritability, and occasional confusion. In severe cases, it may even cause incredulous laughter.

Mere weeks ago, the barn was in top shape. Horses were winning at a clip where at this moment I am one (1) stakes win away from meeting my total stakes wins from all of last season. And then the feet started dragging. Going through my entries in the past two weeks (from 9d1 to 10d5 Asia), we've seen two stakes winners, bless their immune systems, but FIFTEEN valid contenders finished second in stakes. The 4th/5th filler gang are picking up their checks as usual, a real "turdy but sturdy" bunch, they're fine. Meanwhile, the pampered princes just cannot seem to get that last stride in. This isn't limited to just the stakes races, either, though that's where it ends up being most noticeable. Quite a few horses in my barn are looking like this right now:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1589418

Going through the records, I suspect we've found patient zero. Luckily, her symptoms seem to be mostly cosmetic in nature, as she is making plenty of money, just lacking a certain little line of text under the "Earnings" section. If only I had picked up on this sooner, perhaps she could have been quarantined.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1597400

Seconditis might seem mild, they're still making money after all, but it's no joke! If you don't catch it early, it can spread like wildfire and an outbreak can take weeks to clear up! Research is still underway to determine suitable treatment plans. Be careful!

n.b. it's also silly billy season, which may cause unserious forum posting and a general desire to Have Fun instead of genuinely being upset with the game
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Re: Remember to vaccinate your horses

Post by Gwayne's World »

Dr Hacklu, being the far sighted genius that he is, while attempting to vaccinate one of my horses, poked me instead :shock:

He was quite apologetic and said he wouldn't charge me for the visit.

I thanked him and ate a carrot before lying on a bed of straw for a snooze.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Forgot to vaccinate last year. 🙄
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1709102

Hope I remembered them all this year.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

Wouldnt this be a fun..separate addition to the game?

Horses need yearly vaccinations to race..?

/s
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Autumn Blackmill
Turf Router

Post by Autumn Blackmill »

My horses are deep into "silly billy" season and have no plans on being serious race horses. Seconditis would be a blessing at this point! I think they are practicing dressage down the stretch for how well they are placing..
Solarpunk DS - $40,000, NY

"Who will now henceforth and always be known as Autumn Blackmail!" ~ The Steward
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Well not winning has hit a peak of sorts as probably my worst week in several sim years as Friday saw a nice 0 for 14 with only 50% hitting 2nd or 3rd in 7 of them , 4th or worse the other 7, it’s only up from here!🤠
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Art K Stables wrote: 6 months ago Well not winning has hit a peak of sorts as probably my worst week in several sim years as Friday saw a nice 0 for 14 with only 50% hitting 2nd or 3rd in 7 of them , 4th or worse the other 7, it’s only up from here!🤠
it can be worse!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... leID=19699

"Just for reference, on week 10 day 2 our 22 entries finished 0-3-0 for $7,730. If it costs just $200 for shipping each way, you can see this was still a net loss week. Out of 22 horses!

Not to be out done, 10-5 in Europe went 25-0-0-0 for $6,750. Even my stakes progressive was affected as it seems I had the wrong equipment on!"
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

This horse has seconditis but I'm not unhappy as she is only a solid gallop
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1685211
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Quick update , now 0 for last 27 , will Monday be my lucky day ? Stay tuned !!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1628408
only had one horse race today.. Winner winner chicken dinner the streak is no more!