Song of Wyoming

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Song of Wyoming

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I'm not sure how I've never posted about him, but can we just discuss this incredibly good boy? He is 8 years old now and started his career as a mildly disappointing freak. I'm actually really happy I gelded him because I wouldn't have had so much fun the last few months with him otherwise.

The best old man is now 19 for 38 in his career with just over $1.8 million in earnings. He downgraded to stakes middle of last season. Since then, he is 6 for 8 in all graded stakes, including the only two G1 wins of his career. I don't know how long he keeps going like this, but I hope he goes until 10. I actually look forward to race nights when he's running. He'll be making two more starts this year and I can't wait!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Song of Wyoming

Post by Tim Matthews »

Always loved this guy. Stellar training job on him.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Tim Matthews wrote: 6 months ago Always loved this guy. Stellar training job on him.
Thank you, Tim :D

The goodest boy struck again tonight, with his 5th in a row and 20th career (and 19th stakes) victory.

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Two weeks ago, my boy gave me a scare. He finished dead last, which he's never done in his entire career, in a race that wasn't particularly fast.

Last night, he repeated in the United Freedoms for his 22nd career win and gave me my first G1 of the year. Whew.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=2229759

Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

He is just such a cool horse!
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Wyoming borders my state. When there is a westerly breeze, I can hear faint strains
of the Song of Wyoming here.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I am DUMB and forgot to check his talent level before the year ended (I didn't know that was a thing until this year), so I took a flyer and paid the GPs for him to come back next year at age 10. We'll see if he downgrades to allowance or not. He did close the year out finishing dead last in the Los Campeones, but hopefully he'll bounce back. Fingers crossed.

Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

What's this? :o

The audience in the SIM forum rise as one and chant "Encore, Encore ... " for the fan favorite Song of Wyoming :)

Colorado head football coach Deion Sanders remarked, "The song aint over! He be back!!" 8-)
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

No encore. He's retired. Now an allowance.

Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

An Oldie but a Goodie :cry: