Simperior Edge Example

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Simperior Edge Example

Post by Entry Clerk »

The Simperior Edge will return week 12 day seven aka Sunday October 22 2023.

I wrote this piece week 8/9 but never sent it out, I have put it on the Forum to serve as an example for the upcoming edge………………………

Federico Tesio, the man, is someone who we wish lived in our time. An esteemed and visionary Thoroughbred breeder who I wonder about his record keeping system, no computer databases back then!

Federico Tesio the horse, has made a decent start to his stallion career and must not be allowed to fall between the stud book cracks.
Do not be deceived by his small crop sizes. His first crop of 65 foals are now four years old and 46 of them have raced producing 29 individual winners at 63% spearheaded by Pegasus Turf winner Persian Force who slightly debunks my instinct that Federico Tesio runners need a distance of at least a mile and a half to excel. For example, Walnut Dashboard has won two stakes races when given a test of stamina, so I hope to see the $12.5 million Steward bred purchase Wizard of Dormello stretch out for the second half of the season where surely many of his three year old crop of 74 foals – 44 have raced producing 26 individual winners 59% - will hit six figure earnings and add to the three stakes winners to date.

The Steward often says a successful stallion needs a strong distaff line; Federico Tesio’s tail line is sporadic, but his dam also produced grade 1 winner and full-brother Tangoatmidnight, winner of grade 1 races over 1 ¼ miles and 2 miles. Their sire Artilleryman was outstanding, and his owner Kaine Saracen paid Gerry Hardie $4 million for Federico Tesio, to keep this strong male line under his guise.

His two year old crop numbers 39 horses, the yearlings total 29, and yet his stud fee has increased by $10,850 to $49,350 , showing the faith of owner Kaine Saracen, though I believe the fee maybe a little high with runners average earnings at $45k but this is a horse who did not turn heads at Clocker’s Corner but did his talking on the track a la Steward’s Cup turf , where his runners are now showing above average performances on a consistent basis just like dad and I am a big fan.

STOP PRESS!

Three weeks later Federico Tesio has increased his four year old individual winners by one and two of his three year olds have lost their maiden tags but by far more encouraging is that 3yo filly Edge of Forever has won a Grade 2 contest and 4yo colt Master of Arms has also won a stakes race meaning FT now has five individual stakes winning horses.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Simperior Edge Example

Post by Sara Julin »

I am looking forward to the return of the edge! ^^
Thank you, Vincent for taking it on.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Looks good!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Nice, looking forward to more edges!
Entry Clerk wrote: 6 months ago ...by far more encouraging is that 3yo filly Edge of Forever has won a Grade 2 contest...
Also, ooh, 💜 a mention! 😊
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Andrew James
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrew James »

This one's great Vincent, looking forward to more. One thing I always wanted to say about the old edge, I'd love if there was a little nugget we don't know about the stallion. Things like, this one matches well with this sire line, or this ones numbers are best at 1.5 miles or anything like that. Maybe that's a greedy ask but just my 2 cents :)
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Vincent, very well written. Thanks for sharing the example Edge here.
When Simperior Edge returns, will the same request that the information not be shared still be in place? jX
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

Reading the edge every week I used to look forward to so much… so can’t wait to read it again!

I hope other breeds will be included still like they used to be :) and the Gold nuggets that were included

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

Can't wait to have the Edge back, it was always a fun read!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I miss The Edge, look forward to it's return.

I also miss Sunrise... hint hint.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Post by Entry Clerk »

Yes Jon a good point raised, the information within the Simperior Edge is exclusively for SIMperior account holders, just like old times.
Hope, other breeds will be included.
Andrew I will try to put in as much insight that occurs to me.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Awesome to have the Edge back!! I missed that. It's been so long I have to ask, where is the link to the Edge? I know it used to be a permanent link somewhere, under My Office maybe but I don't see it anywhere.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I am so happy The Edge will be back. I always looked forward to it!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Andrew James wrote: 6 months ago This one's great Vincent, looking forward to more. One thing I always wanted to say about the old edge, I'd love if there was a little nugget we don't know about the stallion. Things like, this one matches well with this sire line, or this ones numbers are best at 1.5 miles or anything like that. Maybe that's a greedy ask but just my 2 cents :)
Yes, this. There sometimes was a little note about what lines a stallion might do well with, what niche distance he was best at, etc., that kind of thing. Loved it.

Looking forward to reading your work, Vincent! Thanks!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

I'm so happy for the Edge to come back!
The only suggestion I have after reading this is to maybe shorten some of your sentences a little when writing... I struggle with this too sometimes, but it makes reading/ comprehending it easier, imo.
Thanks a lot for carrying on this feature :)
John D'arc
Sprinter

Post by John D'arc »

Really enjoyed reading the latest edition, is there anywhere we can find the old ones? For those who weren't around back then