Esspecially Krispy Y65-W10-D2 Died of natural causes.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Esspecially Krispy Y65-W10-D2 Died of natural causes.

Post by Art K Stables »

As the title shows the great mare and the one who started my barn to success after flailing for several sim years until this filly came along quietly passed October 3rd at the age of 27. It was so quiet I didn't even realize it until today, I either missed it in notices or it didn't come in. But because a 2yo filly named Spirkle, a daughter of Ypsirk and granddaughter of EK will be running in the SC this year. I just wanted to thank Laura Ferguson because I leased her the year she was to die while foaling but Laura graciously got her to retire pensioned. Esspecially won grade 1s but never the SC, she came within a neck in her last race before retiring her. Her 2nd foal was a filly named Her Krispynessness who was the only offspring to win the SC. She also had a filly win the 2yo championship, Esspecially Groovy. Ypsirk won grade 1s and is probably her most successful mare in the shed currently with 3 freaks to her credit, all fillies of course, and she is 18 herself. Its odd to be attached in some way to fictitious beings but it ties you to the fun memories of the game, and that is what makes he passing kind of a shock and grateful she was every bit and more in the shed as she was on the track. So all I can say is when Spirkle runs on week 16day4 in the SC I will be thinking of her dam's dam and hoping she shows just a bit of that Special Krispyness!
Last edited by Art K Stables 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Esspecially Krispy Y65-W10-D2 Died of natural causes.

Post by Sara Julin »

Aww, I am sorry for your loss, Art.
I recognized the name since Especially Krispy was my Illegalness great great grand dam.
Good luck to Spirkle in the Steward's Cup! May she do well for her great grand dam.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Sara Julin wrote: 6 months ago Aww, I am sorry for your loss, Art.
I recognized the name since Especially Krispy was my Illegalness great great grand dam.
Good luck to Spirkle in the Steward's Cup! May she do well for her great grand dam.

Thanks, I see your yearling is a nice stewbred by her and judging from the workouts must be at least a stakes horse out of Her Krispynessness as the grand dame to Illegalist, as mentioned the only SC winner of her offspring, good luck with Rule Breaker!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm glad she had a long career as a pensioner. I have a great-grand daughter of hers, Halestorm, who is a pretty nice 2yo filly. I haven't decided whether she's SC bound this year yet or not. Love this family!
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Year-65 Week-16 Day-4 The Spa (NY) Condition: Fast. Race 3 - 5 1/2 furlongs. Dirt. Thoroughbred. "Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint." 2 year olds. Fillies. Stakes. Purse $1,000,000 - Grade 1 Entry Fee $10,000 (200 points) Finish Time 1:03.90 b,tt Jockey: Arthur Krueger
Spirkle 1 1/2 Consult the Oracle nck Love Spirited Z 1/2 Broke smoothly from gate showed speed wide off turn ridden out (15)/(93)

Funny thing for Spirkle is she was bred stakes and actually jumped to freak as a 2yo..
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Congrats on Spirkle's win, Art! I remember Esspecially Krispy very well; she was something else!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Good luck to Halestorm on the 2yo championship tomorrow, thanks Darcy, Spirkle was really a fun win as a tip of the hat to her granddam considering with all her millionaire racers all being fillies, none had won this race.