Back From A Break

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emma Hendrickson
Two Year Old

Back From A Break

Post by Emma Hendrickson »

First off, let me (re)introduce myself.
I'm Emma, I live on the East Coast of America, and I love horses and horse racing.

I started playing the SIM in season 57 and stopped a little ways through season 58. I tried coming back to the game a few times since but never really stuck with it until this season.
Now, I'm not here to ask for horses or money or anything I don't want either from anyone. What I would be super grateful for, though is advice.

I'm really just making this post in search of friends and people willing to advise me a little. Since I left basically as a new player and came back having to start from scratch, I'd really appreciate anyone who could offer me any of their knowhow.
Boo!! :shock: :o
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: Back From A Break

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Welcome back! People here are pretty generous with advice and tips. Since you're starting back, I'd check the claiming races to pick up a few horses. You can find some nice runners there - I still claim from time to time.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Do as much reading of articles as you can. Lots of advice articles in The Feature Race. These are older but still pretty informative:
https://www.simhorseracing.com//feature ... pleID=5100
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Also, if you have any specific questions that have been bothering you ask away and others will probably jump in to answer. Good luck and welcome back!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Read Regina's articles! Some of the tidbits are out of date, but it is still a masterclass and makes for a great foundation. Go to the Feature Race articles page and search for Regina. And, remember you can still write articles for money even when you are not new, which might help as you come back. Good luck.