Not enough long routes?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Not enough long routes?

Post by Entry Clerk »

Does anyone share the opinion that there are far more short route races than long route races when horses turn three and beyond?
Do you agree 1 1/16 m and 1 1/8 m races seem to outnumber the longer races?
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Not enough long routes?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

100% agree
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Wc Lee
Miler

Post by Wc Lee »

Many of the Route races are Maiden races. Those are usually 1 1/16 miles.

Would be nice to get Maiden Route races that are longer distances.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

This really isn’t an opinion question? We could just look at the races and count?

I believe this is correct…but are more horses in the game bred for shorter routes than longer ones? Or is that distribution equal?
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Definitely for 3yos. This being a problem is the entire reason I created Sorority Park. I’m awful tempted to create a colt equivalent to match.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

I have yearlings and 2yos that I know are going to want a mile and a half to two miles and I understand keeping it shorter at two, but there's definitely way more 8.5-9 furlong races at 3 than anything else.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

What if they up the amount of marathons at 3 but increase an injury chance especially for them unsound babies, if they run marathons or 12f and beyond. Atleast until halfway through the year when 12 f becomes more common
;p
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Through Week 6, I think the 3yo schedule more closely mirrors real life, where there simply aren't a ton of races beyond 1 1/8 miles, and then there are more opportunities after that. I think there's a slight edge to shorter route races the rest of the year, but again, I think that tends to mirror what happens in real life. I wouldn't mind more long distance races for the second half of the 3yo year/older horses.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I feel like I've had the opposite experience where I can't find enough short AW routes for my 3yo+, particularly late in the year. That may be because the player created Piedmont Park (NC) caters to 1 1/4m+ races, but I swear all the short routes are in Europe and I hate shipping back and forth overseas every 2 weeks.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I end up running my marathoners that I know want more than 1 1/8th at short distances because it's just such a pain trying to find maidens that are even 1 3/16ths. It would be lovely to see more that go beyond 1 1/8th for 3 year olds
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I made a whole post about this a month or so ago.

Would love to see a REAL marathon track...no races under 1 1/2 miles. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Entry Clerk wrote: 6 months ago Does anyone share the opinion that there are far more short route races than long route races when horses turn three and beyond?
American owned game and Americans don't breed for stamina. You look at the racing calender in the US and very few horses are true 10F horses, especially on turf, that is why the Euro consistently come over to steal their stakes purses. :lol:
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Post by Entry Clerk »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 5 months ago
Entry Clerk wrote: 6 months ago Does anyone share the opinion that there are far more short route races than long route races when horses turn three and beyond?
American owned game and Americans don't breed for stamina. You look at the racing calender in the US and very few horses are true 10F horses, especially on turf, that is why the Euro consistently come over to steal their stakes purses. :lol:
agreed
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Saratoga this year did some long races for the 1st time like ever. Was fun to handicap cause most of the entries never been that long
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I would like to see more long races on all tracks for 3 year olds and older 1 1/4 1 1/2 2 Miles still be able to do Triple Crowns of endurance 3 competitions for example 15F 14F 16F for 4 year old horses old and more claiming Maiden allowance varieties, if I could create a track it would be mostly long distances there are 2 races. in week 16 in Europe 9.5f for 2 year old fillies, and 10f for colts seems great to me but I would like to see more long races on all tracks