Stawickery Stables Paint Studs Update...Refunds for stakes winning/producing mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Stawickery Stables Paint Studs Update...Refunds for stakes winning/producing mares

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Having just picked up two new paint stallions in the recent Steward Auction I felt it was a good time to plug the gang. So here goes.

Note for most nicking data I am talking about mares that usually give a mix of A+/A nicks, so I think the A+ nicks are meaningful and not just the mare I used nicks A+ with everything. I will put asterisks when that is not the case and explain below.

Paint Sprinter - Bred by Me
Lecythus - stud fee $10,000 maybe versatile
Steward's Cup winning earner of over $900,000. By holiday sire Mr. Rose Thorn out of millionaire Steward's Cup winner Acanthus. Also a 1/2 to 5 stakes winners. He can A+ nicks with sprint mares. He was additionally rated as "versatile" and can A nick with better mares of other distances* and has one winner at 870 yards (in addition to his more plentiful sprint winners). I feel like he's starting to come into his own as a stallion with 6 stakes winners, 2 being graded stakes winners in 3 crops of racing age. I'm particularly excited by his currently undefeated 2yo Ramon y Cajal . You can read more about his race record and pedigree here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=54394&p=453840#p453840. He is very sound.

Paint Mid - Bred by Me
Jacinth - stud fee $12,000
He was also a Steward's Cup winner with a nice pedigree with his second dam being millionaire Steward's Cup winner/producer Synchrony. He can get A+ nicks with middle distance mares and has sired 7 stakes winners including 4 graded stakes winners. His daughter Odia won the Steward's Cup at 2 and finished 2nd her 3yo year. You can read my post on him here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=52665. He is very sound.

Paint Mid - From New Mixer Auction
Corona Wagon Train - stud fee $18,000 maybe all three distances?
Livewires Turnpike - stud fee $16,000 maybe sprint ability also?

Both these boys were marked as paint mid stallions when I purchased them, and both nick at A+ with paint mid mares. I found Livewires Turnpike could nick A with route mares** and A+ with sprint mares. Corona Wagon Train A+ nicked with mares in all 3 divisions**. While Jacinth nicks comparably to mid mares as these new stallions he gets a B+ nick with the sprint mare I used. So I think there may be some multidistance potential and maybe some sprint ability as well. Corona Wagon Train is very sound. Livewires Turnpike is somewhat unsound. I set Corona Wagon Train at a slightly higher stud fee to start given the better soundness rating and A+ nicks across divisions. As with all my stallions I always keep 1/2 an eye on interest and what they are producing and may make stud fee adjustments accordingly at any time.

Stud Fee Refunds
For all 4 stallions I will offer a full stud fee refund for graded stakes winning/producing mares and a 50% stud fee for graded stakes winning/producing mares. To start I am limiting this to 5 refunds/person for the two mixer auction stallions (the 5 counts for both stallions combined not each individually) until I get a feel for how much interest there is in them. For now, there are no limits on refunds to Jacinth or Lecythus. If you would like to get a refund just lease me a horse for what you are owed and tell me why you are leasing me said horse. I will lease it to get you your money then immediately terminate. Also please note by stakes winner/producer I am referring to horses that won stakes races, not stakes gallop comments.

As always let me know if you have any questions.

*I have gotten a mix of A/A- nicks from middle-distance mares with Lecythus. The A's come from the better mares with the A-'s coming from mares that usually nick A+/A within their division. I do not know the quality of mare the A route nicks come from as I haven't done them myself

**I do not own route mares so for the route nicks I just took one of Jo Ferris's mares that they mentioned had A+ nicks with one of their stallions. I have since learned this mare is the sort of mare that regularly nicks A+ with route stallions.
Last edited by Tammy Stawicki 6 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: Stawickery Stables Paint Studs Update...Refunds for stakes winning/producing mares

Post by Jo Ferris »

Both Livewire Turnpike and Corona Wagon Train nicked the same with the mares I tested:
FLD Ruby (Mid) - A+ (that's her normal)
Free Prision Flight (Sprint) - A (her normal as well, only has 1 A+ nick)
Keep Your Silver (Route) - A (her normal is A+)

Was the mare you checked FLD Tootsie? Trying to think who it is, I don't nick many and my main router that I used for nicks pensioned last year. If it is her she's definitely an A+ girl with the top routers
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: Stawickery Stables Paint Studs Update...Refunds for stakes winning/producing mares

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I played around some more with hypos.

FLD tootsie was indeed the mare that got the A+ with Corona. I went back and hypo'd her with Livewires Turnpike as well and that was only an A hypo. So perhaps Corona is slightly better than Livewire there but its seems the A+ was probably more the mare than him.

I also realized I missed up somewhere along the line with my sprint hypos and switched sprint mares I was using for my hypos. So Corona was hypoed with Kinsella who usually gets a mix of A+/A hypos with sprint stallions. Livewire was hypoed with Kindle who has only ever gotten A hypos. I need to come up with more unique names for my horses. I went back and hypod Livewire with Kinsella and that was an A+ as well. So I am guessing the two have comparable abilities with sprinters. Kinsella hypos A with Jersey and B+ with Jacinth so I think that she can hypo A+ with these two suggests they have some sprinting promise.

I'm going to edit the original post with the new hypo information. I've also decided to adjust Livewires stud fee up a nudge given he may have more multidistance ability than I thought and Corona's down a nudge given he's not as unique in multidistance ability as I thought.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Closer to the end of the year I'll have a new breed my stallions post that updates all this information. But as a quick FYI for early breeders here is what I'm seeing in early gallops from the new stallions

Corona Wagon Train had a range of gallops. One thing that stood out to me is all the router mares bred to him had lower-level gallops with the allowance gallopers all being out of sprint and middle-distance mares. For that reason it's not clear to me that he wants to be a route sire and I have unchecked router from his horse types.

Livewire Turnpike while not getting any stakes or higher gallops had a very impressive number of allowance gallopers out of total foals and at least so far nothing worse than productive. He primarily got mid mares, but of the 2 sprint mares he saw one offspring was productive and one allowance.

While both look solid but not set the world on fire as sires I decided to bring their stud fees down some to $12,000 each for now.

In some other exciting gallop news of the 30 Jacinth yearlings that have galloped 3 were stakes gallopers (of course none of mine :( )
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*