Purchasing Thoroughbreds

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

Purchasing Thoroughbreds

Post by Elkippos Larysios »

Posting here because I cannot see gallops in the "new player" or main sales page (even though there are a ton posted there for sale), to prevent blindly buying claimers and "different career" horses:

I'm looking to buy yearlings and 2yo thoroughbred horses to race next season in Y66 (as 2yo and 3yo respectively). Both genders, dirt and turf surface,
all distances. Prefer allowance or low end/peaked stakes, but productive improvers are welcome as well (progressive, late bloomers). I will need a lot of them, so if someone has such horses for sale, I can bulk buy for good prices. Active daily, so if any player is looking to sell such horses, please message me here or in the SIM!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Purchasing Thoroughbreds

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I still have a bunch of productive improvers on the sales page see viewtopic.php?t=57250
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 5 months ago I still have a bunch of productive improvers on the sales page see viewtopic.php?t=57250
There really isn't anything left (Or I am blind) Also the reason I would prefer a direct message/offer instead of a reply to this post. :lol:
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Elkippos Larysios wrote: 5 months ago
Kelly Haggerty wrote: 5 months ago I still have a bunch of productive improvers on the sales page see viewtopic.php?t=57250
There really isn't anything left (Or I am blind) Also the reason I would prefer a direct message/offer instead of a reply to this post. :lol:
Fair point, although I put up allowance peaks and prod improvers all the time, and they just sit there lol.
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 5 months ago
Elkippos Larysios wrote: 5 months ago
Fair point, although I put up allowance peaks and prod improvers all the time, and they just sit there lol.
Just a guess, but this may be due to these types of horses being mostly useful to newbies like me (to run in the newbie circuits). But because most newbies will likely have no SIMperior account until they learn/play more and become more committed in the SIM, they cannot see gallops in the sales pages, so they remain there hidden in plain sight and unsold. Unless someone does the good ol' "buy everything cheap" strategy (I am guilty of that as well, when I first started).

I have stopped buying runners from the sales pages entirely, and instead rely on claims and auctions because I can estimate better if they are fit for my barn. Or make annoying posts like this one :lol:
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

There are rules about what can get posted on the newbie sales pages, and lots of players sell allowance and below cheap throughout the year, and post about those horses AND their gallops in the forum. I have a running post called "$1 and sent to Peyto" that I routinely add allowance horses to. So it pays to watch the forum, but asking is a pretty good strategy, too! Good luck!
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

I'm not disagreeing, just explaining why I made this post and prefer private transactions. I find the sales page and forum advertisements a bit unreliable.
I do check the forum frequently, I have bought some horses from you that way. Most recently, I bought the horse you posted last in $1 and shipped to Peyto 6 days ago.

Thank you for your help and guidance, and I appreciate your help. Good luck to you too!