It's Championship Week!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

It's Championship Week!

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Well SIM Fam, here we are - one more day until the start of the most wonderful time of the year!

I have the most W16 Grade 1 entrants I've ever had in a single year: five horses!
- My Chemical Romance in the SC Paint Juvenile Fillies
- Paju in the SC Debutante
- Wanderlust in the SC Juvenile Filles
- Shameless in the Two Year Old Sprint Championship
- Teal in the SC Distaff

With the exception of Shameless, I consider my entries to all be pretty long shots, but my attitude this season is "you can't win it if you're not in it"

Who do you have entered in the Week 16 festivities?
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Re: It's Championship Week!

Post by Ma Springs »

Here we are! 🎉

A couple made it:

Black Ops in the SC Futurity. His sister placed in the Debutante last season, but this is more of a long shot. But behind a couple of speedy ones it looks like a quite even field.

Space Monkey in the SC Appaloosa Ladies Sprint. She was 3rd in the Fillies Dash last season, but this looks...dark. I might scratch. Or not...

And Primal Riches in the All Weather Debutante. What did we conclude last time this subject was up for debate, do we count the AWR or not? 🤔🥺🙃 Well, either way, there she is...

Good luck to all!
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Week 16 seems to have crept up on me!

I have several entries; 9 which I think is the most ever!

Nashwa in the SC Filly and Mares Turf Mile. On a downward trajectory but it’s her final race before the breeding shed, so she deserves to take her chance.

Ink Black Heart in the SC Juvenile Turf Mile. He was a bargain auction purchase and anything he does is a bonus. Already a G1 winner.

It’s Giving Slay in the SC Synthetic Fillies Dash. She likes to run from the front.

Runupandsmashup my second in the SC Synthetic Fillies Dash. Possibly out of her depth and more a GP sired stakes, stakes gallop.

Agnilius in the SC Synthetic Classic. 6 for 7, he has amazed me and I just love him. Fingers crossed he takes going against older horses in his stride.

All a Misery in the SC Quarters Ladies Sprint. Her final race before the breeding shed, I messed up her approach last year, with races in back to back weeks, so deserves her chance again.

Danazon also in the SC Quarters Ladies Sprint. She should run well as she always does.

Blue Beau in the SC Quarters Dash. Hoping for a place, he took both the GP sired stakes in the run up to this.

Starz Monkey in the SC Appaloosa Juvenile Fillies. She is a G1 winner already and won a nice GP sired stakes race last time out.

Good luck everyone!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

A few hopefuls for me headlined by this surprise purchase in the SC 2yo sprint https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1698426 and my homebred in the 2yo TR https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1673698

both boys have the shed comment, so I am pleased as can be with them
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Eloquent Sound and Halley go tomorrow in the Synthetic Speed - it will be Eloquent Sound's last race. I could see both of them running well or both of them up the track, it looks like a really neat field this year. I created a race for Eloquent Sound in W13 to get her over one million in earnings so she can run in the SC with no pressure, since I was determined not to retire her until she hit seven figures. Halley will run next year. Both are freak peaked, ES has the breeding shed comment and Halley longer career.

Banjo Music Mama will go in the Bunburette, Ellie Girl in the Juvenile Filly Sprint and Pleakley in the Juvenile Turf - I don't necessarily expect anything out of any of them, but figured you miss 100% of the shots you never take, so they'll give it a go.

All of these are homebreds except for Eloquent Sound who I claimed for 40K in Y63.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Stina Vica
Derby Contender

Post by Stina Vica »

The best time of the year!

I have my two Turf Milers in the SC this year. I don't think I have a chance because the competitors are too strong, but I love the Stewards Cup.

Soldat
War Is Over
⁀➷
IG: VicaLaVie
look at how you've grown
even without the sun
𓆩*𓆪
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Have you heard the one about the crazy person who decided to run a horse in the SC on a surface it's never raced on?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I have paid half attention this year but my A/T has done an amazing job keeping me current, my fav week is week 14 Friday when I can take the time and enter my horses and look at the year they had and I.
I was shocked to see my total TB stake wins this season and IMO I have one of my strongest group heading to the Stew cup races I have had in Years maybe ever.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

It would be very rewarding if she can finally get the race that has alluded both her and her mom. Fingers crossed, but I would feel more confident if the race were 1 1/8 instead of 1 1/4
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

This year has already been my best ever in every metric, so anything that happens this week is just icing on the cake! Crossing my fingers for these guys, since it's the largest group of SC horses I've ever had.

Golden Horizons is back in the Synthetic Marathon, which she ran 3rd in last year. I thought she might be done earlier this year, but she picked up a G1 win in the Plastics Distaff last out equaling her career high speed figure. It's going to be bittersweet hitting the retire button on her page Monday night.

I have two in the Debutante - both Bannerlord fillies! Flutter probably has the better chance and is coming off a lovely stakes win, but Nice to Be Me has put up two 90 speed figures in a row since improving week 8 and deserves a shot. If I can't win it, I'm rooting for another Bannerlord filly in Less Flip Owl Flop to take it home :)

My other horse on Thursday is Gateway Magic in the Filly Turf Dash. She jumped to freak week 8 and won a G1 last out. Hoping her every other race pattern doesn't continue!

Captain Marvel is in the Filly & Mare Dirt Mile trying to pick up a second SC win. I've mismanaged her this year, trying to play around with the routes, but she's as game as they come and I didn't think she had a shot at winning last year, either, so maybe she'll surprise me again!

Diamond Jamboree is a bit of a longshot in the Dirt Mile. He's out of one of my favorite mares, Renda, and has been a bit of a bridesmaid throughout his career. He's coming off a stakes win and career high speed figure last out, and will likely be retiring, so why not try?
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Laura Smith wrote: 5 months ago Have you heard the one about the crazy person who decided to run a horse in the SC on a surface it's never raced on?
And here I thought this was calling me out for Batting Around being in the Synthetic Juvenile Fillies. Glad I'm not the only crazy one XD

I've also got:
Mattole in the Synthetic Dash. This is a half brother to Marowak
Pace me Away in the Open Pace
Bikini Atoll in the Paint Matron
Furret in the Juvenile Sprint
Kiss me Once More in the Ladies Route
AND
Marowak in the turf mile, getting one last chance at becoming the first colt to win steward's cup on multiple surfaces. (On that note, save some TM/AWM mares for him!)

My two All weather horses are fairly long shots, and I have no idea what to think of Furret, but the other four all have pretty decent chances IMO.
I have a stable full of cats
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Just this one in the turf mile
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1583381

He is a long shot tho, will need to improve to win here. 🤞
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 5 months ago
Laura Smith wrote: 5 months ago Have you heard the one about the crazy person who decided to run a horse in the SC on a surface it's never raced on?
And here I thought this was calling me out for Batting Around being in the Synthetic Juvenile Fillies. Glad I'm not the only crazy one XD
Haha, twinsies! Good luck!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I've gone mad and my favorite old guy Song of Wyoming is entered in the Turf. He's my only TB worthy of a SC entry.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Longshot city over here but I have FOMO so rustled up a couple of AW runners at least, zero worthy in the rest of the TB barn.

Already Tracer is a stew lease who posted blazing works and then realized whose silks she was racing for, prompting her to lower the bar significantly.

Baltic Thunder is alright, making daddy proud. I don't see him winning.

These two dinguses are... here.

Scargas is one of the two old men in the race. Just not the good one. But he refuses to quit so he was permitted to show up on the big stage, as a treat.

As far as trotters go... the slowest one going into the race, but so was The Groke when she won for me. If you want lightning to strike twice, make sure you've put up a rod.

??????

Smart trainers put two speed horses in the same race, right

Would have been the favorite a month ago. Not so much now.

Boys boys boys. Time to find out who's angling for a fancy career and who's demoted into grinding 50ks until age eight.

Dodge and Weave... right into traffic, probably.

Just a little arabian, not even a SC contender, I know what happens if I get hopeful for a horse so I am definitely not hopeful, go back to bed ye fickle sim gods

And, of course, the most important race of the season. Competition is looking fierce.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE