Buying a Farm

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Buying a Farm

Post by Gavin Guile »

Similar I was accused of being someone’s husband/not really a new player…happens and don’t take it personally, just based on some bad apples that have cheated before in the game, it can happen…but just keep playing the game as best you can eventually the truth with rise (admin team is great at listening to concerns and not rushing to judgement)
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

But I echo others here and say don’t buy a farm..not worth it yet in your stage of the game…in 5 seasons you can rethink it..or be on the lookout if one is up for 500k via a dispersal
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

Post by Elkippos Larysios »

Kelly Haggerty wrote: 5 months ago
Don't feel bad. When I first started I was accused of being a returning player using a fake name, then like 2 weeks later I was somebody's sister and there was supposedly a scam there, too. Neither was true. There were some site shenanigans in the past, and it is probably good that people are keeping watch, but it can come on a bit strong when you are new.
Ah, It's ok, I fully understand. I read here in the forum about some notorious players as well some stories from the discord. It doesn't make any sense to me either, so I encourage investigation and heavy scrutiny in such cases. As for me, I can't convince anyone from here with words, so I leave it to the admins, and if someone has questions feel free to message me here, in the SIM, or on discord, I am active daily.
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

Elkippos Larysios wrote: 5 months ago
Don't feel bad. When I first started I was accused of being a returning player using a fake name, then like 2 weeks later I was somebody's sister and there was supposedly a scam there, too. Neither was true. There were some site shenanigans in the past, and it is probably good that people are keeping watch, but it can come on a bit strong when you are new.
Ah, It's ok, I fully understand. I read here in the forum about some notorious players as well some stories from the discord. It doesn't make any sense to me either, so I encourage investigation and heavy scrutiny in such cases. As for me, I can't convince anyone from here with words, so I leave it to the admins, and if someone has questions feel free to message me here, in the SIM, or on discord, I am active daily.
It doesn’t make sense… however, anyone with reasonable rationale should look at the multitude of horses and wonder at the very least. While the profit margin is low $1-$5 one would need a lot more horses sold to make any real money.

I am assuming the others accused never had horses sold in auto dispersals of new accounts? So maybe accusation doesnt equal accusation.

That being said the minute profit might be worth it if one had thousands of horses from another account in an owned farm.

I have full confidence in admin team, but lets not lean into a cancel of reasonable observations.

I am happy to see Elkippos understanding why it looks questionable.
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

Gavin Guile wrote: 5 months ago But I echo others here and say don’t buy a farm..not worth it yet in your stage of the game…in 5 seasons you can rethink it..or be on the lookout if one is up for 500k via a dispersal
Thank you for your advice, Gavin, as well everyone else. I decided to keep reducing and run a medium/small barn as the season is nearing its end. If by chance I happen to find one in a dispersal and in a good location I may pull the trigger, otherwise I won't worry about it and try to be more careful with my shipping and boarding. I will start to have daily fee's soon, so having a smaller barn for the first few seasons may be optimal until I acquire or breed better horses.
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Thank you for your advice, Gavin, as well everyone else. I decided to keep reducing and run a medium/small barn as the season is nearing its end. If by chance I happen to find one in a dispersal and in a good location I may pull the trigger, otherwise I won't worry about it and try to be more careful with my shipping and boarding. I will start to have daily fee's soon, so having a smaller barn for the first few seasons may be optimal until I acquire or breed better horses.
If you have horses you do not want to pay daily fees on, I have two farms (New Jersey and Portugal), feel free to ship them to whichever is closest and send me the horses. This will avoid you having to pay AJ the fee if they are younger horses. This obviously applies to anyone reading this - thank you!
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

John Smith wrote: 5 months ago
It doesn’t make sense… however, anyone with reasonable rationale should look at the multitude of horses and wonder at the very least. While the profit margin is low $1-$5 one would need a lot more horses sold to make any real money.

I am assuming the others accused never had horses sold in auto dispersals of new accounts? So maybe accusation doesnt equal accusation.

That being said the minute profit might be worth it if one had thousands of horses from another account in an owned farm.

I have full confidence in admin team, but lets not lean into a cancel of reasonable observations.

I am happy to see Elkippos understanding why it looks questionable.
Exactly, usually there is a reason for the suspicion and I can clearly see the reason here… I had the same thoughts that it could be one player trying to get rid of mistakes for a modest profit..I’ll let the admin team do their thing
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Elkippos Larysios
Sprinter

I found and bought a farm for the dispersal price (500k), in a decent central location which was nice. As I predicted, I have now over 1k horses (a lot of idle ones such as yearlings and mares) and the numbers will likely grow, so I pulled the trigger.

I wanted to warn potential boarders who might read this because I will likely change the name to something I can remember and search fast for my shipping purposes. Board fee reduced to the minimum $20 from the previous $200. If you have boarded horses in Cloverfield Stables be alert for the name and price change.

Apologies for the bump, I did not want to make another post or start messaging individuals about the changes.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The game will send alerts to your boarders when you change the fees, good or bad.