Name change

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Name change

Post by Art K Stables »

Changing this name from arthuritis to https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1581859
Seconditis!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: Name change

Post by Stormy Peak »

Pretty consistent guy : )

Ever thought about tossing him into a barrier trial to get full confidence back?

Also, every time I hear about a name change, it reminds me of the comedian Bob Hope.
He mentioned one time he started to use the name Bob, because his real name was Leslie Hope --and that it wasn't too bad, until in school when they called out names -- last name first. :lol:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Never found barrier trials sensible .. but I guess if that is the ONLY way to restore confidence guess it’s worth a try.. it just seems that between travel and that it does cause tiring then I guess he would need a break too.. one thing for sure , with the longer career comment I’ll certainly race him next year
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Art K Stables wrote: 5 months ago Never found barrier trials sensible .. but I guess if that is the ONLY way to restore confidence guess it’s worth a try.. it just seems that between travel and that it does cause tiring then I guess he would need a break too.. one thing for sure , with the longer career comment I’ll certainly race him next year

You are shipping 1st class, so he won't be travel tired.

However, on really long ships...like 24+ hours. Just remember, that while there is no travel tiredness...he will be missing at least a full day of barn rest. Usually, from what I've kind of believe with what I've done with my own horses. That's 1 day of lost barn rest for a long trip, isn't too much of a big deal, unless you have a horse you have been running every other week for 5 races.

I think then, the racing tiredness builds up and losing a day on a long trip can be too much, especially for the somewhat unsound type horses. I only test for soundness though in my stakes and freaks. So, there's that...as far as my opinion. All the rest of my horses, I usually don't chase down races for them on other continents, so don't worry about barn rest being lost on a really long trip.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Smith
Grade 3 Winner

Post by John Smith »

I tried a barrier trial after 2nd wasn't in the cards anymore... he came back 2nd!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1643490
Show Good Times Farm
Quetzalcoatl (TM) 20k
Gord's Secret (TS) 42k
Five Star Hotel (TR) 20k
King of Fools (DS) 20k
Chato (DM) 15k
La Joya (TR) 10k
Dancinginmyshadow (TS) 5k
Kefren (TS) 5k
Arabian Comet (TS)
Endless River (TR)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

John Smith wrote: 5 months ago I tried a barrier trial after 2nd wasn't in the cards anymore... he came back 2nd!
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1643490
Well then , I guess arthuritis is going to have to figure it out on his own !!