Should I Extend Equinox's Book to 270?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Poll ended at 5 months ago

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 7

Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Equinox
Currently, Equinox has a 240-foal book. He has 20 slots left, and I was planning on opening those at 8PM PST on Friday night. They were intended to be his final openings for the season, but he's gotten more action and interest than I thought he would this past couple of days.

Is there enough interest for me to extend him to 270 so he's got 50 year-end slots instead of 20?
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Should I Extend Equinox's Book to 270?

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The money would be nice, but at the end of the day do you want to flood the market with so many? You'll likely get the same query next season and many seasons after.
If I personally didn't have a stud fee criteria that I work off, I would just increase his fee until he legit capped out at about 150 a year. Just my opinion.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Should I Extend Equinox's Book to 270?

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Kaine Saracen wrote: ↑5 months ago The money would be nice, but at the end of the day do you want to flood the market with so many? You'll likely get the same query next season and many seasons after.
If I personally didn't have a stud fee criteria that I work off, I would just increase his fee until he legit capped out at about 150 a year. Just my opinion.
That is a very good point!
Part of the problem this year, is that I ran sales on his stud fee a couple of times. I don't think i'm going to do that next year, and depending on how his foals gallop he might get a raised fee.
“ 𝐴𝑧𝑒𝑙 πΈπ‘žπ‘’π‘–π‘›π‘’ β€›
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!