Steward Bred on New Player Sales Page

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Steward Bred on New Player Sales Page

Post by Nini Panini »

I bought Galvanize for $10,000,000 a few years ago. He has let me down in absolutely spectacular fashion.

You can have him for $10,000! He will not win any major races for you, but he should be able to get the job done at Trial Park and earn back his purchase price.

Best of luck!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Re: Steward Bred on New Player Sales Page

Post by Nini Panini »

You know what? I lowered his sale price to $1 because that is infinitely funnier.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

This is so funny and sad (or typical? 🤔) at the same time... His pedigree looks like $10M but the race record closer to the resale price...

Congrats Vela to a nice pick-up! This one should make good money at TP/Junior High the next couple of seasons. 🙂👍
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Vela Straza
Two Year Old

Post by Vela Straza »

Thank you!
Hopefully, TP suits him but who knows being away from Nini might make him too sad to leave the paddock :lol:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This was a terrible breeding job on my part, sorry
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

The Steward wrote: 5 months ago This was a terrible breeding job on my part, sorry
It doesn’t look terrible? Why is it terrible
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Mr. Lord Chillin wrote: 5 months ago
The Steward wrote: 5 months ago This was a terrible breeding job on my part, sorry
It doesn’t look terrible? Why is it terrible
I too would love to know. On paper it looks beautiful.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

War Like Me went to Allonsy mares 57 times, and only 4 so far are stakes winners. But of those 4, only one is "legit", and that's 100% because of the dam. There are some NICE mares that went through this cross, with meh results. I just feel like I could have done better research, because at the time of this breeding I should have had plenty of data from the older runners on this cross to see that it wasn't my best option for a Derby-type colt (always the goal).
Allonsy had general better broodmare sire ratings than James Dean and DMB, and both got more stakes winners with War Like Me. That also tells me the cross wasn't as successful.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Man, I always thought Allonsy mares were magic and could basically be crossed with anything. This was insightful, thank you.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nini Hunter wrote: 5 months ago Man, I always thought Allonsy mares were magic and could basically be crossed with anything. This was insightful, thank you.
You could get super deep into this an argue with me the other direction - that the Allonsy mares that saw WLM actually weren't that good, so he didn't get a fair shake, and those 4 stakes winners are more in spite of the mares.... we could go around all day. That's what makes this so fun!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

We get tidbits of info from the strangest of places, proving it pays to read EVERYTHING! Lol