The Next Big Thing-Steward Approved

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

The Next Big Thing-Steward Approved

Post by Eric Gray »

Former Steward’s Cup Juvenile winner The Next Big Thing has retired. I will be starting him out at what I feel is a very reasonable 20,000 stud fee.
Last edited by Eric Gray 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: The Next Big Thing

Post by Eric Gray »

Just wanted to add some things about The Next Big Thing, as I just threw the previous post on quickly and haven't had a chance to come back until now. TNBT, in addition to the aforementioned SC Juvenile win also won the year 64 Saudi Cup. He won graded stakes every year, from 2-5 years old. He won four Grade 1's, two Grade 2's, plus one listed stakes. He was best at the shorter route distances winning at both 1 1/16 and 1 1/8. While not winning, he was tremendously competitive at other distances at the highest level, as evidenced by his fourth place finishes in all three of the year 63 Triple Crown races. His top speed figure was in his debut when he ripped off a 100. He retires as a top ten progeny of the great Dave Matthews Band. His hypo's haven't been top of the line, but with the one's I have checked, he has one flat A. Mostly though, he is matching up in the A-/B+ range. That is why, I set his opening stud fee at a reasonable $20,000. Thank you for your consideration.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Big fan here. A SC Juvie winner that can do what he did as long as he did it is rare, and the DMB over James Dean is easy to work with. Sent him a mare!
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Thanks Eric. Means a lot coming from one of the greats of the game.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »