Why doesn't search show All names?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Why doesn't search show All names?

Post by Stormy Peak »

I typed in a name today, as I've done in the past and got similar results.

The name I want to look at...even if it's on reserve...doesn't show up.
The 'name' will show with listings as: Name I, Name II, Name III, etc... But not THE Name.

If the search would show the reserves, it could then be possible to PM the owner and see how attached they are to it, and perhaps purchase it from the owner.

I thought I once read to use like -1 in the age selection box, but tried that, it doesn't work.

Anyone else get flustered by this? Normally, it doesn't bother me, as I can usually find a perfectly good name for the horse, other than the one I searched...but sometimes I just wonder why all names that have been used in the Sim or on reserve can't be shown. The name I was looking for, looks to be on it's 4th reuse...so I don't understand why it can't be listed exactly as I typed it in...showing who 'owns' it.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Clarehaven Stables
Sprinter

Re: Why doesn't search show All names?

Post by Clarehaven Stables »

If you haven’t already done so, sort the Name column.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Clarehaven Stables wrote: 5 months ago If you haven’t already done so, sort the Name column.
It wasn't long enough to need sorting...only like 6 or 7 names listed. :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I was naming horses yesterday and when I searched for names in use it showed up in cases where it was reserved.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Either you added a space after THE name, or it wasn’t in use (someone released and didn’t save or use it).

If it was reserved it would show (Resvd) in the “type” column and the player who has it revered would be listed as the “owner”
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rochelle Bos wrote: 5 months ago Either you added a space after THE name, or it wasn’t in use (someone released and didn’t save or use it).

If it was reserved it would show (Resvd) in the “type” column and the player who has it revered would be listed as the “owner”
It was a one word name....no spaces before or after it.

I have seen names on dead horses still listed. So, I figured a name that was in use prior (given there are several names with the Roman numbers)...that a horse whose name was released, or even re-used would show up on the list. ???

But going by what you said.

I tried to name the foal and the name did go through.

So perhaps listings don't show when a ?pensioned horse, still alive, has it's name released, and it gets a Roman Numeral but the 'original' name doesn't get listed anymore because the horse isn't dead and the name for whatever reason wasn't reserved.

I've searched a Lot of names that no one has used and get the page saying something like 'no horse found' Which tells me no one is using the name...so I expected that with any name not in use...whether or not it's been on prior horses.

Thanks for the help

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

If the name was released but not reserved or put on another horse it wouldn’t show up on the list 🤷‍♀️ if you search for apple and there was no horse named “apple” but there was an “apples” the result would still show up. Which is why the Roman numeral names still show up when the specific word you searched for didn’t.

I know on mobile if you copy and paste a word into the search field it automatically adds a space after. If you don’t delete it the name will not appear in the search. I wasn’t sure if that was the case for you so I thought I would suggest it.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt