Festivus Gallops

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Festivus Gallops

Post by Abby Brooks »

Summary of my crop.
(I am reducing my mares to like 2 so watch the sales page :evil: )

Gallop:
  • Stakes: 14.29% (3 out of 21 horses)
  • Allowance: 19.05% (4 out of 21 horses)
  • Claimer: 4.76% (1 out of 21 horses)
  • Productive: 47.62% (10 out of 21 horses)
  • Solid: 14.29% (3 out of 21 horses)
Improve:
  • Late Bloomer: 23.81% (5 out of 21 horses)
  • Progressive: 61.90% (13 out of 21 horses)
  • Peak: 14.29% (3 out of 21 horses)
Heart
  • Brave: 28.57% (6 out of 21 horses)
  • Timid: 28.57% (6 out of 21 horses)
  • Interested: 42.86% (9 out of 21 horses)
These are my three stakes
65 Cry Your Heart Out
The Afterlife
65 Premium Roses
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Stormy Peak wrote: 5 months ago Most of my mares are from the Foremost line...but I'm even getting hit using mares that have nothing of that line in them. This is my Freak Peak yearling who has no Foremost blood in him.

Hill Street Blues

Wolfman Jack, my SC 2 year old turf route winner and out of a 'Foremost line mare' That mare foaled my only stakes router in this yearling crop that escaped the peaked thing. She had a stakes progressive.

Wolfman Jack was a yearling Freak Progressive - then on wk 11 his of his 2 year old season, he peaked - and week 16 he won that SC race.
His 3 year old season was good, but again, for longer races I had to run him against older horses earlier than I wanted to. In the few longer races I could find for 3 year olds, he did well...not so much against the older horses though.
By the time he ran as a 4 year old he was pretty much done.

I'm just weirded out that mares I've used for a long time are now getting so many peaked with upper tier foals. I'm trying out various stallions and even outside mares from that bloodline and can't seem to escape the Peaked thing.

It's just massively disappointing for me...I want horses that will last until they can run and compete in (those longer races and the big races that are for 4 and up. It's just been a tough 3 or 4 seasons. I just had high hopes this year that I was done with the bad luck. I can only hope that John Wick doesn't peak as a 2 year old. :P

Stormy
This made me curious, so I thought I would post my actual results. I bred 122 flat TBs for my own barn:

1 Freak .82% but at least he's a LB
7 Stakes 5.74%
35 Allow 28.69%
47 Prod 38.52%
18 Solid 14.75%
14 Claimer 11.48%

60.66% LB across this crop
31.15% Progressive, so a total of 91.8% improvers
8.2% Peak

My training barn tends to look like this, with everything needing time to develop. I don't know what I do differently. Some of it may be my barn sire, as DP only got one peak out of 24 foals. His babies like longer distances and seem to take longer to be at their best, and then most of them have the shed comment, just to keep me hanging on lol.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think gallops are an emotional roller coaster, sometimes pleasantly surprised and happy about the ones you were hoping for, or less than happy at first and then a bit of a realization that some can and do improve. My SC 2yo winner galloped stakes and bloomed to freak the 2nd half of the year as a 2yo. Soul Swindler 4mil winner galloped stakes until 3yo. This is why stakes is just as important and the number of freaks is not as important as stakes and freaks combined. Its going to be an interesting test for my barn as my 2yo DS SC winner now has a full sibling who, unlike her, galloped freak as a yearling. That could just mean she runs her best earlier on, or she is better or that she is at a higher level earlier but overall not as good.. no way to know until they go on the track. The point is the yearling freak in my opinion is 5050 better than her older stakes galloping as a yearling sister. So, all I would suggest is that if you are unhappy at first glance, consider that giving things a chance and gaining a little perspective might tell you things are not as dire as first thought.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Bred >1100 non chaser foals.

1 freak (arabian DR, Midnihte storm)
74 stakes.

I must say it was disappointing at least on the TB side.

/Polk
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Mike Bryant
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mike Bryant »

Here are my gallops out of 381 Yearlings.

Freaks - 3 (Believe in Awe, Dancin, On the Rox)
Stakes - 52
Allowance - 159
Productive - 121
Solid - 39
Claimers - 7

Overall I am very pleased, I culled my mares by nearly 50%, I had more Stakes than last years yearlings gallops, and since most of my horses don't improve until later (10 new Freaks) I can't complain.
Meghan Kingsley
Sprinter

Post by Meghan Kingsley »

Not the best set of gallops, but most of my mares are not the best....

For TBs: 51 foals
Freak - 0
Stakes - 2 (both by Jardin's Airlie out of Fearless Spirit mares)
Allowance - 8
Productive- 15
Solid - 8
Claimer - 18 :-(

Disappointed there weren't a few more with better gallops and would have been ecstatic to have bred just ONE freak...
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

36 total TB's

Stakes - 6 (Amor De Verano; Equinox; Impacts; Mahler; Superbia; Vengeance or Grief)
Allowance - 10
Productive - 10
Solid - 5
Claimer - 5
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I bred a little less TBs in 65 for 31 yearlings

3 are Stakes improvers:

1 filly by Mace x Valley of Fire lease mare
1filly by Sogni D’Oro x Nighteyes mare
1 filly by Superbia x Fearless Spirit mare

With14 of the 31 allowance

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Well I spent 14.7mil and got 3 freaks. So I guess that means I should just jump off the Sim ledge now if the standard " horrible" crop is spending $5mill less than I did and breeding 3 more freaks than I got. lol

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Louise Bayou wrote: 5 months ago Well I spent 14.7mil and got 3 freaks. So I guess that means I should just jump off the Sim ledge now if the standard " horrible" crop is spending $5mill less than I did and breeding 3 more freaks than I got. lol

But how did the Flightline gallop? 👀
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Tan Gent
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Tan Gent »

No freaks. But 3.5% stakes is the best ever strike rate for me so I'll take it
All surface route

Rich Strike (Steward approved x3)

DR

You Won Me Over (Steward approved)
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Nini Panini wrote: 5 months ago
Louise Bayou wrote: 5 months ago Well I spent 14.7mil and got 3 freaks. So I guess that means I should just jump off the Sim ledge now if the standard " horrible" crop is spending $5mill less than I did and breeding 3 more freaks than I got. lol

But how did the Flightline gallop? 👀
Let's just say my "having fun trying new things" attitude didn't pan out. lol

Y66-Preseason Trainer: Great mover! '65 Marie Laveau' should have a productive career. This horse should progress throughout their career, but don’t wait too long to get them to the races! '65 Marie Laveau' is pretty timid. I'm not sure He has a truly winning spirit.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

All of y'all talking about how much you spent on breeding fees like y'all don't have some of the best studs in the game bringing in millions and millions, smh