Festivus Gallops

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Festivus Gallops

Post by Lily Wilkins »

I spent roughly $20.5 million on mare leases, and $3.5 million on stud fees. That makes my Freaks average out to $4.8 million each. I’m actually pretty happy with that math, as well bred (player-bred) TR/DR Freaks usually seem to run between $5 and $7 million depending on some factors. I also personally count “Stakes” gallopers as wins too, so the average cost per “good result” goes down considerably if I include my Stakes gallopers into the math.

That said, our individual satisfaction within our own stables is all relative. Feelings that any of us have about our gallop results as they pertain to our personal goals and game progress are valid.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I spent 2.5 mil this year on breeding. Oh and I galloped 1 freak.

Unrelated: I had my feelings surgically removed as a child. Ordered the Chinese delete kit off the evil bay. Probably my best mod to date. 5/7 perfect. Would recommend.
;p
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Everyone is entitled to be happy or unhappy with their own results , I’ve seen results shown which some are happy with that for me would be disappointing and others upset at results that I might be happy with and others yet again who feel the same as I would.. I think if someone has decent results in your view that they are unhappy about I think it’s not an attack to suggest that maybe within the game those results might be given a new perspective which may or may not make that person reconsider but it would be an attack to say “ stop complaining I wish I got those results you did” , that doesn’t help anything
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

+1 to Lily’s and Art’s posts
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

I was literally floored when I saw my horse's gallop results! I was lying there.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gwayne's World wrote: 5 months ago I was literally floored when I saw my horse's gallop results! I was lying there.
On the floor? 😂
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 5 months ago That said, our individual satisfaction within our own stables is all relative. Feelings that any of us have about our gallop results as they pertain to our personal goals and game progress are valid.
Art K Stables wrote: 5 months ago Everyone is entitled to be happy or unhappy with their own results , I’ve seen results shown which some are happy with that for me would be disappointing and others upset at results that I might be happy with and others yet again who feel the same as I would.. I think if someone has decent results in your view that they are unhappy about I think it’s not an attack to suggest that maybe within the game those results might be given a new perspective which may or may not make that person reconsider but it would be an attack to say “ stop complaining I wish I got those results you did” , that doesn’t help anything
Gavin Guile wrote: 5 months ago +1 to Lily’s and Art’s posts
You guys are still on this! I was starting to feel bad for giving a very mild reply in this thread. But you guys don't get it. I'm not saying you can't have your own standards. Obviously.

I get insane with my complaining, but I keep it (mostly) private, I understand perspective, and most importantly I have a sense of humor about it. Nini will tell you that I contemplate quitting so often because of how much I hate my gallops every year. That's fine!

I'm just saying maybe, MAYBE, if you have *objectively* top 5-10 gallop results in the ENTIRE SIMULATION, don't publicly and consistently pretend like you suck at the game. It's annoying!

+1 to Louise's post.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Listen, at the end of the day I don't care what anyone posts. Don't take what I say seriously. I don't think before posting. It doesn't matter. It's horse game. Talk your *. Complain all you want. #whocare

Just remembered I also wrote an article once about how it's actually narcissistic to hate your own horses. I think I was right and I think it's relevant!
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Tim Matthews wrote: 4 months ago Nini will tell you that I contemplate quitting so often because of how much I hate my gallops every year. That's fine!
Public reminder if you quit I'll find you and choke you. I'm still sad Mara's not here :(
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Complaining is fun. I say have at it. I already am looking forward to complaining that the entry clerk bred more stakes from 13 sad and rejected AJ mares than I did from my 100 or so mares that I deemed worthy enough to breed this year.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’m neither ecstatic nor disappointed in my results. 🤪 Didn’t have time to really research breeding this season and just kinda smashed horses together and threw them at the wall 🤣 some worked out very nicely and some didn’t 🤷‍♀️ random numbers be random numbers

Gallops aside I am MOST happy that Lego’s last foal Uno galloped better than any of her other (playerbred) fillies!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt