Festivus Gallops

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: Festivus Gallops

Post by Tim Matthews »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 5 months ago Spent $11 million breeding almost 340 foals across all breeds and got a whole 6 freaks. I am not at all pleased considering the massive investment.
In year 62 I spent about 18 million on about 360 foals. I got 3 born freaks and something like 20ish stakes. I was pleased. I’ve since recovered most of that investment (if not more) through earnings/leases/sales. I still haven’t bred a superstar in a decade.

Serious question. What would it take for you to find satisfaction in the game? How many freaks?
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 5 months ago Spent $11 million breeding almost 340 foals across all breeds and got a whole 6 freaks. I am not at all pleased considering the massive investment.
I'll pay 11 million for 6 freaks any day of the week. Where do I sign up?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

54 foals

2 Freaks (Champion and Destination Anywhere)
8 Stakes
17 Allowance
23 Productive
4 Solid
0 Claimer
0 Different Career

Not as many freaks as last season, but not breeding any claimers feels good
Roger Carlo
Miler

Post by Roger Carlo »

Least I ever bred in TB and best results.

45 TB's Bred.
2 Freaks (AWS Colt and TR Filly)
3 Stakes (DR and 1 TR)
20 Allowance
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Most of my mares are from the Foremost line...but I'm even getting hit using mares that have nothing of that line in them. This is my Freak Peak yearling who has no Foremost blood in him.

Hill Street Blues

Wolfman Jack, my SC 2 year old turf route winner and out of a 'Foremost line mare' That mare foaled my only stakes router in this yearling crop that escaped the peaked thing. She had a stakes progressive.

Wolfman Jack was a yearling Freak Progressive - then on wk 11 his of his 2 year old season, he peaked - and week 16 he won that SC race.
His 3 year old season was good, but again, for longer races I had to run him against older horses earlier than I wanted to. In the few longer races I could find for 3 year olds, he did well...not so much against the older horses though.
By the time he ran as a 4 year old he was pretty much done.

I'm just weirded out that mares I've used for a long time are now getting so many peaked with upper tier foals. I'm trying out various stallions and even outside mares from that bloodline and can't seem to escape the Peaked thing.

It's just massively disappointing for me...I want horses that will last until they can run and compete in those longer races and the big races that are for 4 and up. It's just been a tough 3 or 4 seasons. I just had high hopes this year that I was done with the bad luck. I can only hope that John Wick doesn't peak as a 2 year old. :P

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I can see I'm getting ganged up on. I spent $4 million more than last year on not many more foals. Bred a lot more blue hens, stakes producers, freak producers, than last season. And got much less out of it, especially in terms of stakes gallops. Considering the freak/stakes percentage for other good barns that have been around the same amount of time as me, it isn't looking good. I've been trying to set my barn up to continue to pay for itself after War Like Me pensions, and am absolutely failing in doing so.

Additionally, I haven't bred anything that looks like a truly big horse in the last 7 seasons despite that being my only goal.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Mr. Lord Rich wrote: 5 months ago
I'll pay 11 million for 6 freaks any day of the week. Where do I sign up?
+1 to this. Erin consistently does a great job every single year.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Tom Mudgett
Derby Contender

Post by Tom Mudgett »

A couple freaks here.

Bay of Biscay - Marvel filly out of a star-rated mare.

Duncan - Valley of Fire out of a first-time Blue Hen.

Also one set of twins both galloped stakes, my first experience with this phenomenon.
Zarley - 25k - DM
Troika - 25k - DM
Timeweaver - 20k - DM
Swordsman - 15k - DM
Fra Mauro - 15k - DM
Some Rocky Socket - 10k - DM/DR
Space Invader - 7.5k - DM
Cotton Eye Joe - 5k - DM
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

Decent year for me with 9 freaks in 4 different categories and around 35 stakes
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 5 months ago I can see I'm getting ganged up on. I spent $4 million more than last year on not many more foals. Bred a lot more blue hens, stakes producers, freak producers, than last season. And got much less out of it, especially in terms of stakes gallops. Considering the freak/stakes percentage for other good barns that have been around the same amount of time as me, it isn't looking good. I've been trying to set my barn up to continue to pay for itself after War Like Me pensions, and am absolutely failing in doing so.

Additionally, I haven't bred anything that looks like a truly big horse in the last 7 seasons despite that being my only goal.
Erin, you're a beast. Especially in dirt routing. Wish you would think of yourself as highly as the rest of the sim thinks of you. It's pretty stupendous that your flagship female family is still intact and doesn't really seem to produce for anyone outside of yourself. That's a huge brag. Also 4(!!!!!!) generations of homebred Steward's Cup winners? Truly insane stuff. Hard to even wrap my head around it and I hope to have a similar achievement that comes close to that. It's a huge feather in your cap.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Rold Gold
Sprinter

Post by Rold Gold »

39 foals
1 freak
8 stakes (4 late bloomers)
14 alw (7 lbs)

I’d like to let the freak flag fly a bit more but not bad for a cut back on numbers year, over 50% of the class gets to race, and the Paddington freak colt looks pretty interesting to me

65 Somme

Now gotta give him a decent name or he’ll stink.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Best way to get it to pay is breeding a ton of colts that might become stallions.. great mares who only breed great fillies who then only breed great fillies isn’t it , not sure if that’s the situation or not
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

I think it's important to share when things don't go so well either.

13 million on a total of 385 foals. 3 freaks, 18 stakes. Not great. Not awful. More disappointed in the number of Productive or worse which was 240.

Had maybe my best crop ever last year, pretty mid crop this year. That's how it goes.

The brigthspots...

Pretty happy to get a stakes out of Fire Meets Gasoline from my best turf router mare:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1824453

3 Freaks:

Love this horse - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1816550
Rand Al'Thor with another Freak - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1827187
2 freaks from this mare now - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1827294
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Erin Sanderson wrote: 5 months ago I can see I'm getting ganged up on.

[…]

Considering the freak/stakes percentage for other good barns that have been around the same amount of time as me, it isn't looking good. I've been trying to set my barn up to continue to pay for itself after War Like Me pensions, and am absolutely failing in doing so.
To speak frankly, you get ganged up on because it’s insulting when you post things like this. You consistently show results that are on par with the best of the best (not all of us can be Cleo or Danny, but you are among the closest!) and then SEVERELY bemoan those results. What does that say about players like me?

For your sake but also for mine, please consider this. Saying this as a long time friend who cares. :)
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Tim Matthews wrote: 5 months ago
Erin Sanderson wrote: 5 months ago I can see I'm getting ganged up on.

[…]

Considering the freak/stakes percentage for other good barns that have been around the same amount of time as me, it isn't looking good. I've been trying to set my barn up to continue to pay for itself after War Like Me pensions, and am absolutely failing in doing so.
To speak frankly, you get ganged up on because it’s insulting when you post things like this. You consistently show results that are on par with the best of the best (not all of us can be Cleo or Danny, but you are among the closest!) and then SEVERELY bemoan those results. What does that say about players like me?

For your sake but also for mine, please consider this. Saying this as a long time friend who cares. :)
Erin’s allowed to feel what she wants to about her crop and she should be able to express those feelings (without being ganged up on)…she’s one of the best players in the game and if she’s disappointed with a crop that you would be happy about is irrelevant - she can post her thoughts and feelings and shouldn’t be ganged up on cause others disagree with how *she* should feel about the results…

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a poster shouldn’t feel ganged up on … and then to expressly state why you are ganging up on her is very patronizing..”what about me” you said but the post wasn’t about you, so not sure why you want to make it so
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)