Foals to be Excited About

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Foals to be Excited About

Post by Danny Derby »

Swapped Horizon to Jack Meyer for Dance of Shadows this year and bred this very pretty filly, Shadow Dancing.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Very nice horse Danny!
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 5 months ago I got to lease Gigi’s freaking epic mare, Sirens, and bred this lovely little thing: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1840494

I’m very excited! I also have a bouncy new Maximus x Owl Wear Blue filly on the ground ❤️
This one looks special! Love Fuel as a sire right now and that sure looks like a fantastic mare! Good luck Lily!
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Andrew Chillin wrote: 5 months ago Lol

Flood the thread with more “that’s inappropriate”. Pile it on.
I'm making curry this week. Just thought I would throw this utterly rando thing on this thread.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

NONE
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Lily Wilkins wrote: 5 months ago I got to lease Gigi’s freaking epic mare, Sirens, and bred this lovely little thing: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1840494

I’m very excited! I also have a bouncy new Maximus x Owl Wear Blue filly on the ground ❤️
Love to see that Fuel! There's gotta be a fun name in there somewhere between fuel/gasoline and sirens/emergencies/fire. Looking forward to seeing what you select, and how this one does on track!
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

For me, it’s definitely this guy. I usually gallop my horses a combination of mass gallop and save selected individual gallops for last. Three of the last 4 years, my final gallop has resulted in a freak. He was my final gallop this year. https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1801409
Last edited by Eric Gray 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Gray
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Eric Gray »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 months ago Swapped Horizon to Jack Meyer for Dance of Shadows this year and bred this very pretty filly, Shadow Dancing.
Beautiful horse Danny
Jonathan Fisher
Classic Contender

Post by Jonathan Fisher »

Looking forward to this one pretty sure it's the only mare I have had a A+ to
Nightwatch x Pinatubo's Story
Pinatubo's Story won 600k+ in prize money and 3 of 4 foals are stakes one still LB
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1841323&
Also think I have given her a great name with the breeding of night time stories
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Not a freak but a LB stakes. Sometimes the "stakes" at Festivus do better than than the freaks :D. He has an older half-sister (also a Festivus LB stakes) that won a SC race in Y66 and I asked Kelly Haggerty to send the mare to a good stallion to try for a stud colt.

Red Reckoner - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1796520

I got another LB stakes.He won't tell me whether he's Longer Career or Breeding shed yet but he's not going to be gelded either way.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Laurel Addams wrote: 5 months ago Idk I can see where Renee is coming from - the TR mare was a bit of a gray area and while it wasn't stated she'd get a foal, I can totally see thinking that a substitute would fall under the same conditions. We could all communicate terms on these types of deals better - lesson learned. Especially when the original horse was not sent to the player who did get the lease for a second foal. I get it, sh*t happens, but I don't think everyone needs to pile on Renee for thinking what she did. I'm glad Gavin is working things out privately with Maisy and offered Renee a substitute - let's all have some grace and try to understand where both sides are coming from.
Autumn Blackmill wrote: 5 months ago Ditto.

I can also see how there was some confusion, and if I were in Renee's shoes I would have expected a foal since it was a substitute given in the same thread. The fillies leased were of similar quality, so that wouldn't have triggered any red flags that the deal would be different, and Renee really tried to give that filly the best shot at winning, even if it was at Allowance levels. I think the trouble is posting about it in this thread, but since both those foals were listed here I can see how it could be upsetting. I'm glad that things are in the works to smooth it out, and agree with more communication (even if it may seem redundant) so that situations like this can be avoided in the future.
Laurel and Autumn, can you please post the best mare that you let a newer player breed or run for free where you got nothing in return? Curious what other players are doing to help people in this game…

You both say you see her side..I offered a free lease and in the original post, I specifically state “I have this horse available for lease this year and next as well…” I never said it was available to breed or lease for a third year which would be needed to get a foal. Did you want me to say everything that was not included with a free lease to run a 6m stewardbred?

I decided to lease Renee another horse that I was never even planning on leasing cause I felt bad she didn’t get the original horse in the thread. Then, after reaching out to me via DM that she thought we had a deal where I gave her a free breeding, I said I never agreed to that…and then again cause I felt bad (a curse of mine) I offered to give her a free breeding in a division I’m more established even when I owed her nothing. Then what happens? She doesn’t respond to that and just posts here to make it seem like I’m the bad guy here or shady and telling people “if you're planning to work with Gavin, just be careful people”…how do you see that side and think this was the right thing to do when all I did was try and help her? I gained NOTHING in letting her run that horse. I lost money…and on top of that she tries to shame me..so again I ask, please explain to me how you see that side that I should have given her the free breeding or that posting here was the right thing to do?

What communication would have been better? I even offered Renee advice when she DM’ed about how the horse could’ve run better and I explained I would’ve run exclusively first females and age appropriate races. I can’t win here…
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Gavin as much as I see your gripe I don’t think it’s fair to ask Laurel and Autumn what they’ve done to help out new players when they’re still relatively new themselves, and certainly don’t yet have the amount of well established horses that you do in your stable.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 months ago Gavin as much as I see your gripe I don’t think it’s fair to ask Laurel and Autumn what they’ve done to help out new players when they’re still relatively new themselves, and certainly don’t yet have the amount of well established horses that you do in your stable.

I started in year 50, Autumn 53 and Laurel 55 (not that much of a difference)…them saying they see her side is giving credence to Renee’s points and it implies I did something wrong which besmirches my character…I was giving free leases to help newer players for nothing in return ..asking what Autumn and Laurel have done to see their experiences from the other side things rather than the one receiving free breedings…curious what they have give to other players for free…
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Okay never mind, I’ll let it go, done explaining myself
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Probably best to just lock this thread and create a new one for people that want to post foals, tried to do it from my end but was unable to do so
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)