Entry Clerk Auction

SIMHorseRacing.com is not responsible for any claims or sales made in this section
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Entry Clerk Auction

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dear Game Makers,
can we please have a little context behind this auction.

Thanks!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Entry Clerk
Sprinter

Re: Entry Clerk Auction

Post by Entry Clerk »

I bred 13 foals, the 6 at auction are the best of them.
I was attempting to see how I fared by getting AJ mares and then breeding them.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Given that you're management some additional context would be great. Do you see the same things The Steward sees when you are breeding? Why those mares? What would be reasonable expectations for someone bidding in an auction like this?

I'm asking because all of the action on this auction is going to come from the "Entry Clerk" name value alone. No player is going to breed a bunch of random AJ mares and have most everything bid up over $100K each on those throwaways within the first day.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Bump
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 months ago Given that you're management some additional context would be great. Do you see the same things The Steward sees when you are breeding? Why those mares? What would be reasonable expectations for someone bidding in an auction like this?

I'm asking because all of the action on this auction is going to come from the "Entry Clerk" name value alone. No player is going to breed a bunch of random AJ mares and have most everything bid up over $100K each on those throwaways within the first day.
Yeah I'd definitely like to know this as well.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 5 months ago Given that you're management some additional context would be great. Do you see the same things The Steward sees when you are breeding? Why those mares? What would be reasonable expectations for someone bidding in an auction like this?
He sees things the Steward sees, hence why he was able to pick the six best to put in the auction.

As to why he's playing with AJ mares, that's because he's Vincent and loves the SIM. I would never have the patience to go digging like that, that's 100% him on finding them!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

When you say he sees what you see:

1) Does that just mean the galloping numbers of the offspring (ie., freak/stakes/allowace)?
2) Does that mean when he "goes digging" in AJ mares, can he see their "breeding numbers" (ie., more than just their BSA ratings - does he know these mares are capable of producing potentially really good horses either broodmares/sires and/or great runners) - can he seem more than what I see when looking at AJ mares?
3) Do his offspring get put to peak like the stewardbreds?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Yes to galloping averages, yes to breeding averages, and I don't think so on the last one but I don't know for sure.

The Entry Clerk is not the Steward. The Entry Clerk is "just" an entry clerk. His auction is not a Steward-bred level auction, but just something he did for fun to test his own prowess.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

The Steward wrote: 4 months ago Yes to galloping averages, yes to breeding averages, and I don't think so on the last one but I don't know for sure.
Interesting choice of words here. Does that mean that there is an additional underlying number in addition to the bloodstock rating? Thus explaining why a falsely advertised blue hen will continually throw claimers.
I mean at least one of the foals in that auction is out of a mare who has just that one foal. So, in theory, shouldn't have an average beyond its initial broodmare rating.
Would also explain how Emily selects her homebred keepers. Not sure I ever want to buy a stewbred filly ever again. :lol:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Kaine Saracen wrote: 4 months ago
The Steward wrote: 4 months ago Yes to galloping averages, yes to breeding averages, and I don't think so on the last one but I don't know for sure.
Interesting choice of words here. Does that mean that there is an additional underlying number in addition to the bloodstock rating? Thus explaining why a falsely advertised blue hen will continually throw claimers.
I mean at least one of the foals in that auction is out of a mare who has just that one foal. So, in theory, shouldn't have an average beyond its initial broodmare rating.
Would also explain how Emily selects her homebred keepers. Not sure I ever want to buy a stewbred filly ever again. :lol:
The way I select my homebred keepers is easy - if I think it's the last foal for a mare, I breed a filly and keep it. If the mares survives anyway, that's cool. Ha. It's not deeper than that.

Re: the above - the bloodstock rating rates THE MARE. So let's say that I am a blue hen, but The Admin is NOT a top rated broodmare sire, and the Entry Clerk is a nice sire but HIS dad is also not a great Sire of Sires. None of that is reflected into the bloodstock rating. When you read it in the FAQ, it says: "Doolittle offers several comments about the mare's ability" as in, not the ability of the 3 generations that go into each foal.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Please don’t breed with the admin
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Andrew Chillin wrote: 4 months ago Please don’t breed with the admin
Broodmare sire! I said broodmare sire! I'm the broodmare!

..... okay this has gone off the rails.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

For anyone who missed out here please message me and I'd be happy to also send you an Allowance horse for 500k-900k.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 months ago For anyone who missed out here please message me and I'd be happy to also send you an Allowance horse for 500k-900k.
I’ll undercut Danny and sell my allowances for just $499,999. Art of the deal.
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’