Training Schedules

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Serenity Sky
Two Year Old

Training Schedules

Post by Serenity Sky »

Curious to see how everyone goes about training their yearlings, as well as any potential training regimens for horses that are racing, especially when they’re on a bit of a longer break between races.
RIDGEVIEW
Up-and-coming racing facility featuring promising prospects for the track and the breeding shed.
Ridgeview Records | Ridgeview Other Services
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: Training Schedules

Post by Diane Townsend »

Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Serenity Sky
Two Year Old

Post by Serenity Sky »

Diane Townsend wrote: 4 months ago This is a good guide viewtopic.php?p=456154&hilit=training#p456154
Thanks Diane!
RIDGEVIEW
Up-and-coming racing facility featuring promising prospects for the track and the breeding shed.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Serenity Sky wrote: 4 months ago Curious to see how everyone goes about training their yearlings, as well as any potential training regimens for horses that are racing, especially when they’re on a bit of a longer break between races.
There is a workout guide passed around that suggests this training pattern:

FITNESS SCHEDULE
W1D3: Gallop, Jog, Walk The Shedrow, School In Paddock, School In Gate
W1D6: Gallop, Jog
W2D3: Gallop, Jog
W2D6: Gallop, Jog
W3D3: Gallop, Jog - fully fit-
W3D6: Gallop, Jog
W4D6: Ready To Workout

I've modified it slightly because it's missing a few training options:

W1D3: Gallop, Pony, Walk The Shedrow, School In Paddock, School In Gate
W2D3: Gallop, Longe
W3D3: Gallop, Swim

To "pony" your horse you need an exercise pony. Any pensioned horse (regardless of division) you own can get a new career as an exercise pony and if you schedule it for the future you only need one pony for all your yearlings at the same farm. If you try to pony your yearlings 'now' you need one pony for each yearling.

In general it's a good idea to put all your broodmares and yearlings at one farm that way you can keep track of them and train the yearlings easily. If you do, you can make one pensioner your exercise pony and be ready for many sim seasons.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Serenity Sky
Two Year Old

Post by Serenity Sky »

Gwen Morse wrote: 4 months ago
Serenity Sky wrote: 4 months ago Curious to see how everyone goes about training their yearlings, as well as any potential training regimens for horses that are racing, especially when they’re on a bit of a longer break between races.
There is a workout guide passed around that suggests this training pattern:

FITNESS SCHEDULE
W1D3: Gallop, Jog, Walk The Shedrow, School In Paddock, School In Gate
W2D3: Gallop, Jog
W3D3: Gallop, Jog - fully fit-

I've modified it slightly because it's missing a few training options:

W1D3: Gallop, Pony, Walk The Shedrow, School In Paddock, School In Gate
W2D3: Gallop, Longe
W3D3: Gallop, Swim

To "pony" your horse you need an exercise pony. Any pensioned horse (regardless of division) you own can get a new career as an exercise pony and if you schedule it for the future you only need one pony for all your yearlings at the same farm. If you try to pony your yearlings 'now' you need one pony for each yearling.

In general it's a good idea to put all your broodmares and yearlings at one farm that way you can keep track of them and train the yearlings easily. If you do, you can make one pensioner your exercise pony and be ready for many sim seasons.
Wow, I had never even thought to have my broodmares/foals/yearlings at the same barn, but that actually makes a lot of sense! Thank you so much
RIDGEVIEW