Goodbye

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Goodbye

Post by Darcy McBride »

I always admired Kris and her terrific barn. Like others, I did not get to talk with her much, but she was always kind. I know she donated lots of the prizes on various and assorted big race night give aways. I do hope she will get to come back to the SIM one day.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Laurel Addams
Classic Contender

Post by Laurel Addams »

I didn't know Kris at all, but it's always sad to see someone leave. I hope all is well and that we'll see her back sometime soon!
Standing at stud
Bannerlord - DM/DR, 30k, A+ hypos
Funky Stank - TR, 10k, A+ hypos
Codebreaker - DR, 5k
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Saddened to see this, I've always admired Kris and how well she ran her stable as a trainer and as a breeder of some of the very best horses. I didn't kno her at all otherwise but I know she will be missed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Xander Zone wrote: 4 months ago Never did anything nice for me I guess I was on the naughty list and I always feel when a major player leaves no horses should be giving away ! All should go to sales page and that way anyone can get them
Maybe you just need better friends - or at least you need better friends who decide to quit. By the looks of it a handful of people walked away with 8-9 figure paydays. Wow.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

Oaks/Derby winner same year not to long ago and I hit 7mil on her contest. Gave me a nice boost to be where I'm at today. I love Kirs and will miss her, there was no yearling sale like a Kris Bobby sale!!

She will be missed no doubt
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Xander Zone wrote: 4 months ago Never did anything nice for me I guess I was on the naughty list and I always feel when a major player leaves no horses should be giving away ! All should go to sales page and that way anyone can get them
Like me, you didn't need any assistance - too many good horses on your own!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

Carolyn I did some digging and over the last two seasons she gave away I would say 80-90 percent of her barn to the same 4 players and trust me they did not need more nice horses !
Far above the 30 percent allowed hence why there is not player dispersal auction !

Well at least the Steward will get her 280 mill out of the game as she is always looking for ways to get money out of players hands unless that magically gets shared as well !
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Whaaaat no way…
;p
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Xander Zone wrote: 4 months ago Carolyn I did some digging and over the last two seasons she gave away I would say 80-90 percent of her barn to the same 4 players and trust me they did not need more nice horses !
Far above the 30 percent allowed hence why there is not player dispersal auction !

Well at least the Steward will get her 280 mill out of the game as she is always looking for ways to get money out of players hands unless that magically gets shared as well !
Absolutely hilarious to me that she gave Acid Test to Eric Nalbone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMu2G9SFsk&t=1h14m45s - opinions can change I guess
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Durzo Blint wrote: 4 months ago
Xander Zone wrote: 4 months ago Carolyn I did some digging and over the last two seasons she gave away I would say 80-90 percent of her barn to the same 4 players and trust me they did not need more nice horses !

Absolutely hilarious to me that she gave Acid Test to Eric Nalbone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMu2G9SFsk&t=1h14m45s - opinions can change I guess
Good times!!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Isn't it quite obvious what the connection between me and Acid Test is, and why Kris made the decision she did? Just follow the tail female family back into my barn.

For the record, I didn't ask for nor expect him, and I'm happy to be accommodating with him. If you can't afford him (legitimately, like your bank account is <$2m) and have a star or better mare, please message me and I'll give you a free breeding. The spirit that Kris played the game with is one I'd like to encourage and carry forward, generosity towards others is never unrewarded when it helps bolster and build the community.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Aw man. She was always one of the nicest and most generous players around.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Eric Nalbone wrote: 4 months ago Isn't it quite obvious what the connection between me and Acid Test is, and why Kris made the decision she did? Just follow the tail female family back into my barn.
Really don’t care one way or another, but just feel compelled to point out that the obvious connection following the female family takes me to his dam who I campaigned (and should have come back to me after Art quit but that’s another story) and his 2nd dam who is the foundation broodmare of my barn.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 months ago
Eric Nalbone wrote: 4 months ago Isn't it quite obvious what the connection between me and Acid Test is, and why Kris made the decision she did? Just follow the tail female family back into my barn.
Really don’t care one way or another, but just feel compelled to point out that the obvious connection following the female family takes me to his dam who I campaigned (and should have come back to me after Art quit but that’s another story) and his 2nd dam who is the foundation broodmare of my barn.
Did you know Eric went to Princeton?
;p